The Firm: Based in New York, the firm is globally recognized as one of the most prestigious and largest investment and advisory firms. Their diverse asset management business include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, hedge fund solutions, non-investment grade credit, secondary funds, and multi asset class exposures falling outside of other funds’ mandates. The firm also provides various financial advisory services, including financial and strategic advisory, restructuring and reorganization advisory and fund placement services.
Candidate will work within the Internal Audit Department, with results-driven professionals in a highly team-oriented environment to evaluate and contribute to the effectiveness of governance, risk management, and control processes. The Internal Auditors participate in business initiatives to provide advice in developing value-add control solutions and department-wide efforts aimed at maximizing the performance of our audit function.
- Play a pivotal role in development and implementation of global Internal Audit Program.
- Collaborate with Chief Audit Executive to develop annual audit plan, including the audit universe, business risk assessments, resource requirements and presentational materials for review and approval by Audit Committee.
- Develop, participate in and lead presentations to external auditors, regulators, investors and senior leadership.
- Lead, manage and conduct business/operations audits to evaluate controls and identify emerging issues with direct exposure to various business groups.
- Maintain ongoing communications with business management to provide updates on the progress of auditing activities.
- Supervise and monitor performance of audit staff and develop training to enhance skills.
- 12-15 years of internal audit and/or relevant financial industry experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as comfort working independently to achieve departmental/firm objectives.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management and influence change.
- CPA/CIA certification is preferred, as is experience in a Big 4 firm.
- Product-specific skills and experience are required, including RIA/asset management, private equity funds, real estate funds, hedge fund solutions, credit-oriented funds and closed-end mutual funds.