COMPENSATION is targeted at $60K - $80K TOTAL. (Determined based on candidate’s credentials, performance and value added to the firm / department).
This role is remote at least until January 2021.
Junior Accountant – Private Equity
Our client is a well- established, dynamic private equity firm that strategically invests in innovative technologies, services, and products. Currently they seek to hire a Junior Accountant for their expanding finance team. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, this position will offer an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to play a key role in the current and future growth of a rapidly expanding team & firm.
- Review portfolio company financial reporting and prepare monitoring reports.
- Assist with determining quarterly portfolio company valuations in accordance with ASC-820.
- Reconcile bank accounts to respective ledgers.
- Book incoming invoices and prepare payments.
- Book credit card activity to ledger via excel import.
- Book monthly accruals and amortizations.
- Prepare capital call notices to investors, and track receipt of funds.
- Prepare quarterly fund financial statements.
- Rollforward and maintain quarterly/monthly excel workbooks.
- Ad hoc analysis and reports as needed.
- BA in accounting with exceptional academic performance
- 0-2 years of investment or finance experience
- Cross-functional experience with driving progress by working closely across internal teams
- High IQ, EQ and ethical standards
- Self-starter who can operate well in a flexible role, with experience identifying and resolving gaps in a growing business
- Strong program management and business operations skillset
- A drive to fit well in a very special, dynamic and collaborative culture