Compensation is targeted at $80K - $110K base + bonus & benefits
AVP, Accountant (Treasury)
Our client is a global, diversified active investment manager with a strong parent company and a culture of risk management, providing global investment and research capabilities with consultative local delivery.
The firm provides its services to investment companies, high net worth individuals, pooled investment vehicles, pension and profit sharing plans, charitable organizations, corporations, state and municipal government entities, insurance companies, seed accounts, model delivery, foreign entities, and other investment advisers. It manages separate client-focused equity, fixed income, and balanced portfolios. The firm also manages equity, fixed income, and balanced mutual funds for its clients. It invests in the public equity, fixed income, and alternative investment markets across the globe. The firm invests in growth and value stocks of companies across all market capitalizations. For its fixed income portion, it invests in high-yield corporate bonds and convertible corporate securities. The firm employs a combination of quantitative and fundamental analysis with a bottom-up approach to make its investments.
This position will serve as a hybrid role combining a mix of Treasury and Accounting responsibilities.
Treasury responsibilities will include approving and completing monetary transfers; reviewing, analyzing, reconciling, and researching activities related to all corporate bank accounts and liquidity analysis work on a legal entity basis in a timely manner. This position will also be responsible for all compliance and regulations related to the Treasury function. Accounting responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, assisting with general ledger account analyses, researching financial statement and financial reporting variances, resolving coding and mapping questions, etc.
The candidate must be a self-motivated, innovative and solution minded individual with solid communication and problem solving skills. Accountability and flexibility are essential.
The key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining and building banking relationships
- Administrator to corporate bank accounts and portals
- Monitoring and maintaining bank account balances to meet funding needs, and risk limits on a daily basis
- Maintaining policies & procedures to ensure an adequate level of controls, including leading toward successful internal & external audits
- Setting up an EFP account to send ACH payments
- Releasing of all disbursements including ACH and wire payments
- Monitoring of all receipts
- Managing the monthly intercompany bank portal transfers
- Overseeing and coordinating the escheatment process with our 3rd party service provider
- Performing validation and control testing of bank statement reconciliations completed by our 3rd party service provider.
- Creating, tracking and reporting comprehensive liquidity analyses on a legal entity basis
- Coordinating and collaborating with teams regionally and globally to optimize and globalize processes
- Communicating effectively with internal & external clients, vendors and auditors
- Reporting on banking activities as needed
- Remaining current on all new and amended regulations, including FATCA
- Key Liaison to other departments including other US Business lines, Third-Party Service Providers, Auditors, FP&A, and US & Global Finance & Control
Experience / Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent technical and analytical skills; high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, being able to prioritize activities under tight deadlines
- Provide timely updates to Manager and escalate issues
- A team player, comfortable with supporting a team of individuals
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- 3 to 5 years corporate work experience; prior cash management experience helpful
- Strong academic credentials with a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or business administration
- Demonstrates knowledge of banking activities
- Demonstrates knowledge of Accounting, Treasury function, Accounts Payable regulatory requirements, and Cash Management; US GAAP and IFRS knowledge is a plus.