Base compensation is targeted at $125K - $140K + potential awarded options. To be determined on candidate's credentials, experiences and potential value to the department / firm.
Accounting Manager - Crypto Assets
Our client is a recognized leader in providing consumer financial services (risk management, financial technology, and digital financing solutions) through utilization of lending products and linked cryptoassets.
They specialize in providing liquidity, transparency, and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe.
Their products bring additional liquidity to the blockchain asset sector and meet the needs of both individuals and institutions holding blockchain assets. All clients' Bitcoin and Ether are held with a registered custodian and issuing loans in USD to their bank accounts.
Leveraging a sophisticated infrastructure that integrates with multiple blockchains, they plan to expand their product set based on their retail and institutional client's needs.
Currently, they seek to hire an Accounting Manager to support their Institutional Sales & Trading team’s activities. A successful candidate who joins the team will scale with the company and take on larger responsibilities over time. The position will report directly to the firm’s Controller.
Responsibilities (will include but not be limited to):
- Design, build, and implement monthly accounting processes for cryptocurrency operations
- Collaborate with counter-parties to confirm outstanding balances
- Oversee & Prepare the day-to-day General Ledger activities including close process, journal entries, Profit & Loss, and balance sheet reconciliations
- Perform accounting integration assessments
- Responsible for the overall global consolidation including subsidiary reporting, intercompany settlement and FX reporting
- Research GAAP standards to ensure proper accounting of all transactions
- Develop GAAP compliant policies and documentation
- Coordinate with operations to oversee sufficient cryptocurrency liquidity
- Support trade execution and trade validation
- Maintain and ensure data integrity for activity across various asset classes including futures and options
- Support the external audit by preparing financial schedules, statements, and proactively managing auditor requests
Ideal candidate will be growth-oriented and enthusiastic to build and scale this role and their responsibilities over time
- 4 – 6 years of experience in fund accounting / finance
- Previous experience from a digital assets platform, hedge fund, fund service provider, currency desk or public accounting with extensive fund client experience.
- An expressed interest expanding their skillset to mid office operations
- An expressed interest in technology and cryptocurrencies and / or a desire to learn
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and an ability to work independently to resolve situations to time sensitive issues
- Extensive experience with QuickBooks
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and with an eye towards process improvement
- Able to interact with seamlessly as a team player with internal and external teams and leadership