Total compensation is targeted at ~$140K - $165K, to be determined on candidate's credentials, experiences and potential value to the department / firm.
Accounting Specialist / Mergers & Acquisitions Finance
Our client is global professional services firm, universally recognized as best in class. They serve as a trusted adviser to the world's leading businesses, governments, and institutions. Currently they seek to hire a Senior Accountant for their expanding Transactions Finance / Controllership team.
The firm controllership team is responsible for maintaining compliance with U.S. GAAP and internal accounting policies in external and internal reporting. They also provide support to accounting managers, firm operations, and firm leadership. This position will support the Firm Controllership team in all aspects of the group’s mission, primarily with accounting and integration for acquired firms, as well as performing monthly, quarterly, and yearly activities.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to:
- Review and validate opening balance sheet balances, preparing accounting entries in compliance with Firm accounting policies and U.S. GAAP.
- Prepare the opening balance sheet, prepare/review earnout payments and closing schedules, perform technical research and assist in the preparation of formal purchase accounting memos.
- Support the coordination across service lines within and outside of Finance to ensure successful integration of acquisitions into the firm.
- Play an active role on the Finance team, researching various technical accounting matters and assisting with the continuous improvement of Firm accounting policies.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly and quarterly journal entries, account reconciliations and external consolidated GAAP financial statements.
- Maintain close interactions with other finance departments and respond to questions from stakeholders.
- Assist in coordinating both internal and external audit requests, as well as performing ad-hoc analysis and special projects as requested by the Controller group.
- Accounting or Finance degree; CPA or CA required; MBA a plus
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel; MS Access a plus
- Mergers and Acquisitions accounting experience
- 4+ years accounting or finance experience
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP with an ability to perform technical accounting research, specifically with business combination accounting
- Excellent organizational ability and keen attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks; ability to perform well under pressure and meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent team skills and customer service attitude
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials (Project Accounting) a plus