Total Compensation is targeted at $75K - $90K. Determined based on candidate’s credentials, performance and value added to the firm / department.
Alternative Investments Operations Analyst
Our client is a leading asset manager serving a broad client base including financial advisors, institutions, and individual investors. They offer multiple investment strategies across a variety of investment disciplines focusing on providing institutional-quality, actively managed solutions with a performance-centered mindset.
This is a new role within the organization as the firm intends to scale their Investment Operations team to keep up with the growing number of products offered. The ideal candidate will need to work as a team and at times independently. As an evolving firm, responsibilities will be broad, varied and all encompassing.
Our client is searching for an Operations Analyst with alternative investments or mutual funds experience to help support their rapidly growing investor and advisor relationships. The individual will serve as an intermediary between external clients and their Transfer Agent (SS&C), ensuring a positive and efficient investment experience.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to inbound advisor or investor requests regarding statuses of transactions, account positions, account maintenances, audit information and other general questions related to investment positions.
- Collaborating with external Transfer Agent to resolve investor or advisor service issues, and to provide oversight of Transfer Agency operations, ensuring the firm’s servicing standards are upheld.
- Craft and execute service improvements or new service initiatives internally and/or within the Transfer Agent and other external service providers.
- Provide support for routine investment events, such as distributions, liquidation events, commission payments, price changes, and tax reporting cycles.
- Assist the firm’s wholesalers in pre and post sales discussions or activities, by providing operational input and expertise.
- Bachelors Degree
- 2+ years of experience in Alternative Investments or Mutual Funds Operations.
- Previous experience with Transfer Agent (SS&C and their proprietary systems is a plus.)
- Ability to quickly build rapport with investors, financial advisors and internal colleagues.
- Effective follow-up on all inbound inquiries, with the ability to commit to and follow-through on deadlines.
- Ability to stay organized, be self-reliant, and self-motivated in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to recognize, advance, and resolve complex issues in a timely manner.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office products, with a knack for using Excel formulas.