Compensation is targeted at ~$140K - $170K TOTAL plus & excellent benefits. To be determined based on candidate's credentials, performance and value added to department / firm.
AVP / VP, Accounting & Financial Management – Expenses
Our client is a global, diversified active investment manager with a strong parent company and a culture of risk management, providing global investment and research capabilities with consultative local delivery.
The firm provides its services to investment companies, high net worth individuals, pooled investment vehicles, pension and profit sharing plans, charitable organizations, corporations, state and municipal government entities, insurance companies, seed accounts, model delivery, foreign entities, and other investment advisers. It manages separate client-focused equity, fixed income, and balanced portfolios. The firm also manages equity, fixed income, and balanced mutual funds for its clients. It invests in the public equity, fixed income, and alternative investment markets across the globe. The firm invests in growth and value stocks of companies across all market capitalizations. For its fixed income portion, it invests in high-yield corporate bonds and convertible corporate securities. The firm employs a combination of quantitative and fundamental analysis with a bottom-up approach to make its investments.
This position reports directly to the US Head of Accounting & Financial Management.
- Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform onshore validation and control of a broad array of expense related accruals, entries & processes performed offshore
- Onshore SME for Inter & intracompany expense activity, including global processes
- Actively participate in monthly P&L and B/S close meetings
- Balance Sheet account analyses – monthly approval
- P&L and B/S - approval of monthly variance commentaries
- Monthly close - approval of intra-company allocations
- Monthly close - reporting of consolidated results
- Fixed Assets – proper categorization of acquisitions, accounting treatment and accuracy of sub-ledger
- Oversight and approval of Service Provider output & adherence to offshore control framework for respective processes.
- Liaison with Legal Department to ensure proper & current legal provisions are recorded
- Assist with special projects and audit inquiries
- Identify areas of opportunity for process improvement and help implement changes
- Ad-hoc topics as requested
- Maintain department relationships with firm’s other US Business, US & Global Finance & Control, Third Party Service Providers & Auditors
Qualifications and Skills:
- Demonstrate working knowledge of GAAP and/or IFRS
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Understand big picture and how different tasks are connected
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables with flexibility
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail & consistently asking why
- Ability to handle ambiguity
- Make decisions that are appropriate for this level
- Provide timely updates to Manager and escalation of issues
- Strong team player with interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to quickly interpret new information
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 7 + years corporate accounting experience
- Asset management experience
- Prior experience with a Finance service provider
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite & financial systems; SAP ERP