$110,000 - $140,000 TOTAL COMPENSATION
The Firm: US branch of mid-sized foreign commercial banking leader serving the diverse financial needs of businesses, their owners, and private banking customers by providing of expert and creative financial solutions.
Position Overview: The primary focus of the position will be to manage and monitor all aspects of the BSA/AML and OFAC Programs in accordance with Bank policies and governmental regulations (including KYC, BSA/AML, OFAC, and the USA Patriot Act) and guidance, and to identify new/revised statutes and regulations and emerging risks impacting the Bank.
- Performing KYC/CDD/EDD on new customers and during periodic account reviews. Work with the business unit to resolve account opening issues and perform on going QC of the KYC/customer files.
- Responsible for transaction monitoring, investigating and reporting suspicious activity related to money laundering and terrorist financing, including wires and correspondent banking activities. Determine the need to further follow-up or investigative actions.
- Managing projects related to money laundering and terrorist financing matters.
- Designing and presenting MIS reports for account opening, monitoring, reporting and compliance reviews.
- Developing effective controls and procedures for identifying, monitoring, reporting and record keeping of suspicious activities ensure that significant cases of suspected money laundering are subject to appropriate investigation and disclosure where necessary. Keep account opening, transaction monitoring and reporting procedures up to date.
- Endure timely reporting and escalation of significant issues to management.
- Work with management and IT on on-going monitoring system enhancements and other initiatives related to maintaining a sound monitoring system.
- Assist in reviewing OFAC hits and communication OFAC and sanctions updates.
- Assist in maintaining and enhancing Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing (ML/TF) risk models in wide variety of areas (geography, product, customer-type, typology, referral channel, etc.
- Support an annual review of the efficiency and effectiveness of the transaction monitoring processes.
- In-depth knowledge of various ML/TF (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing ) typologies
- Understanding of BSA, AML, OFAC and other AML regulatory policies with the ability to apply and explain regulatory concepts.
- Able to use various in-house software
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point)
- Knowledge of AML and OFAC systems
- Able to use various research databases related to KYC such as internet searches via Google/Yahoo and World Compliance systems.
- Strong comprehension skills and attention to detail are critical
- Strong leadership skills
- Self-starter capable of working under minimum supervision
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, ability to multitask and work independently with a high degree of accuracy and materiality.
- Strong interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to self diagnose potential issues within the framework of customer risk, product risk, geography risk and ML/TF typology risk.
- Exceptional research and analytical skills.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
- Minimum 5 years experience in Banking in compliance or related position.
- BS in Finance, Business or related field.
- Certified Anti Money laundering Specialist Certification (CAMS) or comparable certification or background required.