Total compensation is targeted at $100K - $125K (base + bonus), PLUS additional bonuses based on equity transactions. To be determined on candidate's credentials, experiences, and potential value to the department / firm.
We are NOT affiliated
with any 3rd party jobs sites.
Please only apply for Ramax
Search Positions through our portal at https://www.ramaxsearch.com/candidates/job-board/
Capital Markets Associate
Our client is the parent company of a global network of several microfinance institutions and banks specializing in providing responsible financial services that enables low-income entrepreneurs and small business access to capital.
Currently they seek to hire an Associate for their Capital Markets Group to play a key role in supporting debt and equity fundraising and M&A activity throughout the firm. The Associate will work as part of a dynamic Capital Markets team made up of goal-oriented finance professionals. This role will work closely with the global headquarters, regional and local finance teams, and senior leadership to build an efficient and stable process for financing the business operations.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Assessment of the funding needs of the firm
- Valuation and financial statement analysis for potential M&A transactions
- Development of various complex types of financial models to value debt and equity for mergers, acquisitions, and capital raising transactions.
- Assist in equity co-investment transactions, to include deal structuring, documentation review, negotiations, and execution.
- Perform due diligence, research, analysis, and documentation of active transactions.
- Conduct preparation and review of materials including investment memorandum, management and Board presentations and pitch books.
- Participate as a member of Asset Liabilities Committees for a portfolio of subsidiaries.
- Ownership of data management tools relating to credit facilities, hedges, financial covenants, investors/creditors and banking relationships.
- Deal structuring, documentation review, negotiations, and execution of senior and subordinated loans/credit facilities
- Negotiate waivers together with subsidiary management.
- Maintenance of periodic reporting to investors and creditors
- Preparation of ad-hoc reports/presentations for lenders and/or for internal purposes
- Provide support for any/all Capital Markets initiatives as required.
- Attend conferences/events representing the firm that may assist the firm’s mission and/or mandate.
Qualifications & Skills:
- A relevant postgraduate qualification (e.g. MBA) in business, finance, economics, or related field is required.
- Excellent working knowledge of finance (some combination of accounting, finance, banking, private equity, capital markets) with desire to gain expertise in impact investing and emerging markets.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in capital markets transactions, commercial or investment banking or corporate finance
- Preferred experience would include some combination of the following areas of expertise:
- Impact and/or emerging markets investment
- Portfolio management and reporting
- Financial analysis and valuation
- Debt fundraising including negotiations, documentation review, and closing procedures.
- Working knowledge of M&A deal structuring and closing principals.
- Working across multiple data management platforms (i.e. accounting, treasury, CRM and databases) to develop dynamic analytical and reporting tools
- Demonstrated responsibility in the creation and execution of business processes to achieve management goals.
- Advanced MS Excel including macros and financial analysis functions, and report automation using data tables and pivot tables.
- Proficient PowerPoint and Word
- Experience with Access, SQL, PowerPivot and/or PowerBI is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills: including graphically, numerically, verbally, and in written form.
- Able to manage simultaneously multiple projects involving various stakeholders and to deliver results within deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Work well in a team environment including cross-functional and cross-organizational teams maintaining composure in difficult situations with a professional attitude and ownership mindset.
- Proven ability to delegate and to empower teams.
- Strong skills in analysis, problem solving and resolving disputes.
- Language Skills: Fluency in English required. Proficiency in Spanish, French, or Russian is a plus.
- Travel requirements: Under normal circumstances, this position will require the availability to travel internationally up to 40% of the time.