Total compensation is targeted at $250K - $300K, to be determined on candidate's credentials, experiences and potential value to the department / firm.
Chief Financial Officer - Family Office
Our client is a leading alternative asset manager / private equity firm specializing in mezzanine, growth, later stage / mature investments, bridge financing, management buyout, acquisition, and recapitalization transactions in small and middle market companies. With a track record of more than 15 years, $4 billion in assets, and a national presence including offices across the country, the firm’s platform provides comprehensive financing solutions to small and mid-sized companies.
Currently, they seek to hire a Chief Financial Officer for their Family Office, who will be responsible for heading finance, accounting, and tax reporting for a privately held, family-owned corporation and related entities. The successful candidate for this position will have lead financial reporting and tax planning for the Family Office and/or other private entities, which include compliance of ongoing financial and other covenants, risk management, and administrative oversight. The position will have upside potential within the Family Office that would determine long-term strategic investment and portfolio management goals, oversee junior personnel, and coordinate external third party service providers.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Manage and prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting for Family Office-owned entities and related assets (particularly commercial real estate properties), quarterly covenant tests (if any), and monitoring compliance.
- Ownership of state/federal income tax returns, quarterly estimates, and year-end tax planning for the Family Office and related entities.
- Liaise with accountants to minimize tax liabilities either through effective tax structures and/or starting entities to utilize for investing with minimal tax consequences.
- Work closely with Family Office and external third party service providers on providing quarterly updates to Family Office Principals and more frequent reporting as necessary.
- Monitor fees on invested assets, funded and unfunded commitments, and assist in preparation of annual budgets, liquidity management, and account reconciliations
- Review and reconcile investments, partnership interest, and intercompany transactions on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Managing preparation, execution, and recordkeeping for wire transfers for all Family Office entities including working capital and other transactions.
- Drive overall risk management and insurance functions, and take initiative for continued improvements in controls and processes.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments and projects to meet deadlines with efficiency and accuracy.
- Manage bookkeepers.
- 8-10+ years of experience financial planning or financial accounting for privately held, US-based entities.
- Bachelors and/or Master's degree in accounting, CPA required: CFP designation or MBA a plus.
- Experience from Big 4, large public accounting firm, or investment company and/or Family Office preferred, must have working knowledge of GAAP and tax basis accounting.
- Experience with building management and related financial reporting a plus.
- Proficient in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office products (required)
- Ability to work with multiple entities and intercompany transactions.
- Positive, open attitude with flexibility to work on different projects under different timelines.
- An energetic, efficient and resourceful team player and self-starting individual contributor.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills, coupled with high integrity and proven history to perform high quality work.