TOTAL COMPENSATION (year 1) is targeted at ~$500K (base + cash bonus). In addition, there will be meaningful opportunity to participate in firm's future growth through significant equity awards. Total compensation will be determined based on candidate’s credentials, performance and value added to the firm / department. Position will be located in St. Petersburg, FL. Company will assist with relocation (if neccesary)
Chief Financial Officer
Our client is a private equity holding company of a rapidly growing services-oriented business. The parent company is a global Investment firm that has deployed ~$3 billion of capital across multiple sectors, with an excellent track record of protecting and growing investor capital. As they continue to build out their national operating platform, they are seeking to hire a motivated, transaction focused, operationally savvy and purposeful senior financial leader to spearhead the finance function.
The ideal candidate will have a proven history of success overseeing all facets of transaction finance including structuring / closing of deals, valuations, accounting, and treasury. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in scaling of business. The CFO will serve a key member of the senior leadership team, offering strategic guidance to the firm as they continue their rapid growth. The Chief Financial Officer will also be tasked with helping to build out the company's footprint across their investment mandate.
Specific Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Oversee firm finances including revenue, expense, balance sheet, working capital management, and firm metrics.
- Work with leadership team on company’s investment and capital structures including creating financial structures, promotes, waterfalls, cash flow projections and capital raises (as needed either on a deal-by-deal basis or a portfolio structure).
- Lead the commercial function including negotiation of /and compliance to firm contracts (NDAs, employment agreements, leases, equipment contracts, waterfall calculations, etc…).
- Design and implement appropriate policies, internal controls and procedures that minimize risk and ensure firm compliance.
- Develop tools and analysis to provide critical financial and operational information and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations including identifying opportunities to optimize profitability across clients and business segments.
- Provide financial and operational metrics to firm leadership to increase the firm’s ability to anticipate business issues and drive sound decision making.
- Drive an efficient, effective, and comprehensive process for developing financial plans and analysis.
- Develop accurate forecasting capabilities and ensuring the firm delivers accurate and reliable financial reports, on time, with compliant practices.
- Guide key financial decisions around staffing and expense management to achieve targeted metrics.
- Lead the successful and efficient financial integration of acquired businesses.
- Developing robust client profitability, utilization, and realization tools and analysis to optimize profit margin.
- Manage the development of a diverse, high performing, and commercially focused finance team.
- Lead the audit process.
- 15+ years work experience in financial management, including significant leadership experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance of Economics - Required
- Advanced Degrees / Certifications (CPA, JD, MBA, CFA…) - STRONGLY PREFERRED
- Excellent skills in creating different financial modeling, discounted cash flow statements, internal rate of return analyses, equity and debt packages and other presentations or financial decks.
- Experience and ability to model and synthesize complex financial analysis, operational, and KPI data into concise presentations and decision framework, on a regular basis.
- Demonstrated senior leadership in terms of attitude, initiative, and inclusivity
- Proven leadership ability, team management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills. Strong Technology skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced professional environment and handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively across multiple levels, functions and locations.