TOTAL COMPENSATION is targeted at ~$750K (base + cash bonus + incentive based on firm performance). Opportunity will exist to participate significant events in firm's future. Total compensation will be determined based on candidate’s credentials, performance and value added to the firm / department.
Chief Financial Officer
Our client is a well-established asset manager serving a diverse client base including financial advisors, institutions, and individual investors. They offer multiple investment vehicles across a variety of investment disciplines specializing in infrastructure and emerging technologies. Currently, they are experiencing rapid growth and are in active capital raise mode (~$500 Million over the past six months) and are looking to continue to grow AUM significantly over the next 2-3 years. Currently they seek to hire a motivated, transaction focused, results-oriented senior financial leader to spearhead a growing finance team.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success overseeing all facets of transaction finance including structuring / closing of deals, valuations, accounting, and treasury. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the in the energy / infrastructure arena with a focus on alternative investments. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the CFO will serve a key member of the senior leadership team, offering strategic guidance to the firm as they continue their rapid growth. The Chief Financial Officer will also be tasked with helping to build out the company's footprint across their investment mandate.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Strategic partner to all deal flow including origination, screening, structuring, negotiation, execution, and management of investments.
- Direct involvement with portfolio investments.
- Oversight of all firm Finance, Accounting and Treasury functions
- Manage all required reporting including financial results to the Board of Directors, Investors, and other interested parties.
- Lead the finance team in monitoring all deliverables and meeting appropriate deadlines for the firm and subsidiary investments.
- Manage and prepare all strategic financial initiatives including annual budget plan, financial forecasts, and appropriate variances in conjunction with appropriate team leads.
- Ensure accuracy and credibility of all company financial statements and metrics.
- Oversee the creation of and sign-off on all Public SEC Filings.
- Key contributor to all aspects of management and planning of the firm through participation in its Executive Committee and other relevant corporate committees.
- Serve as point person in dealings with new business prospects and existing clients.
- Oversee firm relationships with external service providers including auditors and tax counsel.
- Establish timelines for ongoing projects in conjunction with firm leadership across investment, operations, business development and technology teams.
- Prepare and maintain goals and career development plans for all team members. Staff and scale finance, accounting, operations, and technology teams efficiently during rapid growth.
- Contribute to all aspects of management planning of the firm through participation in relevant corporate committees including the Executive Committee.
- Continue buildout of the firm’s financial architecture as needed to accommodate growth through multiple fund launches.
- 15 + years of relevant work experience delivering client-focused solutions, including mergers and acquisitions advisory, public and private equity financing, tax equity structuring, syndication, debt financing.
- Several years in leadership roles as a Director / Managing Director, CFO, etc…..
- Proven track record within the Investment Management / Alternative Investment industry.
- Advanced degrees STRONGLY PREFERRED (CPA, CFA, MBA or other professional designations).
- Experience working with public companies (successful IPO experience preferred).
- Expertise of all elements of financial “life cycles” for Investment Management.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, and treasury within the Asset Management / Alternative Investment
- Knowledge of accounting standards including ASC 946, Investment Company Accounting
- Experience operating in the context of an SEC and FINRA regulated Registered Investment Advisor and detailed knowledge of relevant securities regulations at the State and Federal Level including in-depth knowledge of the Securities Act of 1933 and the Investment Company Act of 1940.
- Recent experience managing relationships with Investors and with the Board of Directors
- Asset Valuation expertise.
- Hands on experience with managing complex accounting systems with an eye on automating accounting functions.
- Knowledge of ERP and experience transitioning ERP systems in high activity environments (+).
- Experience or strong knowledge of the operations of a YieldCo and other public company structures (+).
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills. Strong Technology skills.