Total Compensation is targeted at $600K - $750K, ($250K Base + bonus / incentives). To be determined based on candidate's credentials, experiences, and potential value to the department / firm.
Chief Technology Officer
Our client is a global investment firm (~$15bil AUM) specializing in credit-related investments. The firm offers specialized funds and customized managed accounts with diverse return objectives. The firm offers a high yield, bank loans, distressed debt, securitized credit, equities, and shorts/hedges. Currently, they seek to hire a Chief Technology Officer, to join their organization during an exciting time of transformation and growth.
The Chief Technology Officer will report to the COO, leading major, transformational initiatives for the Technology Organization, while serving as a key member of the leadership team that designs and implements the firm’s strategies. With oversight of all firm technology initiatives, this person will help develop technology strategy and work closely with senior firm leadership and maximize firm capabilities. The CTO will be expected to identify the short - and long-term technology needs of the organization, coordinate necessary resources, oversee the entire IT department, and simultaneously operationalize and execute on existing development strategies. Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role. Ideal candidates will have a solid track record of initiating change.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Collaborate with senior executives across the firm to understand and prioritize the initiatives requiring technology solutions.
- Actively participates in long-range strategy planning for the technology division by partnering with senior leaders on overall division strategies.
- Make infrastructure decisions, ensuring technical excellence, versatility, safety and soundness, resiliency and scalability in technical delivery.
- Oversight and selection of all firm IT vendors and service providers
- Manage existing team members and develop the talent pipeline through strategic insourcing / outsourcing.
- Direct oversight of staff (~12 currently) including IT, Cybersecurity & Software Development.
- Ensure data privacy and system security compliance for all locations.
- Maintain industry-leading uptime on critical technology infrastructure through great architectural decisions, successful monitoring and testing processes, and system redundancy
- Partners with key stakeholders to define strategies, roadmaps, targets and other measures around initiatives.
- Embraces change and models the way in working cross-functionally and collaboratively to influence desired outcomes.
- Develop a differentiated approach of technology to increase speed, implementation and application of processes.
- Extensive interaction with external stakeholders (investors, prospects, consultants, regulators, etc.)
- 10+ years of senior leadership experience in Information & Technology.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related. (Graduate degree a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to retrieve, analyze and synthesize information to create accurate reports and lists.
- Expert-level knowledge of software systems, architecture, and design and development of web-based systems and mobile applications.
- Experience in full cycle projects (Cloud technologies, etc…)
- Proven leadership skills that balance positive people interactions and performance results.
- The ability to lead, influence, and work collaboratively across the organization.
- Excellent presentation / communication skills.
- Strategic thinker, an effective communicator and an expert in technological development.