Total compensation is targeted at $70K - $90K. To be determined on candidate's credentials, experience and potential value to the department / firm.
Junior Compliance Analyst- Transaction Analysis
Our client is a New York-based full-service commercial bank with private client offices throughout the New York region. Servicing a wide array of diverse businesses they offer access to a wide range of business and personal banking products and services, as well as investment, brokerage, wealth management, and insurance products and services.
Currently they seek to hire a Compliance Analyst to join their growing team. This position will be responsible for monitoring activities of assigned areas, specifically related to the PATRIOT Act, Bank Secrecy Act and internal Anti Money Laundering program, to ensure compliance with applicable internal policies, procedures and external regulations.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Reviews system generated reports of transactions and investigates accounts for potentially suspicious activity (from inception to completion)
- Drafts and provides recommendations for SARS (Suspicious Activity Reports)
- Assists with the bank’s compliance risk assessment program, as well as enhanced due diligence reviews
- Performs reviews of existing compliance programs to ensure adherence to the program
- Communicates directly with the banks business personal regarding general compliance regulations
- Executes compliance requirements as directed by Federal and State regulators
- Minimum of 2 years of transaction monitoring review/analysis experience in addition to SAR analysis is required
- Bachelors degree.
- Strong knowledge of compliance regulations and laws (AML,BSA, US PATRIOT ACT)
- Knowledge of Actimize is strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong organizational and time management abilities
- Strong attention to detail, able to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines