TOTAL COMPENSATION is targeted at $90K - $130K. To be determined based on candidate’s credentials, performance and value added to the firm / department.
Compliance Manager – Private Equity Fund Administration
Our client is a professional services firm that provides high quality accounting, fund administration and investor reporting services to private equity, real estate, debt and infrastructure fund clients.
The Compliance Manager will be responsible for overseeing the AML/KYC and FATCA/CRS processes used across the firm’s US portfolio of clients. The individual will liaise with Client Service Managers and financial accounting teams of the clients to ensure clients are meeting compliance needs. The firm’s US clients include Cayman and Delaware based partnerships. The individual will need to maintain processes for both types of funds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the AML/KYC process during the onboarding process of any new funds.
- Continue to develop and update the AML/KYC manual and processes.
- Ensure any new regulations are being covered withing the AML/KYC manual and processes.
- Oversee the preparation for FATCA/CRS reporting for Cayman clients.
- Oversee the process of submitting FATCA/CRS reporting to the Cayman Islands DITC portal.
- Work with other firm jurisdictions to help strengthen any compliance areas.
- Answer any client questions regarding compliance items such as AML/KYC, FATCA/CRS, Form ADV, Form PF, etc.
- Maintain familiarity with current laws, rules, and regulations, including attendance at industry conferences as appropriate.
- Monitoring compliance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP”) and company procedures.
- Additional ad hoc duties or projects, as necessary.
- 4+ years professional experience in compliance or legal relating to private equity.
- A strong understanding of AML/KYC and FATCA/CRS in the private equity industry.
- Ability to explain processes to others and review work completed by more junior members of the office.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from various groups, particularly clients.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- The individual must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Intermediate / advanced excel and word skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or above.