Total Compensation is targeted at $225K - $250K. To be determined based on candidate's credentials, experiences, and potential value to the department / firm.
Director – Ratings Group
Company is headquartered in NYC. Remote candidates considered
Our client is a Nationally Recognized Statistical Ratings Organization (NRSRO) and is recognized by The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) and The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) as a Credit Rating Provider. They serve as a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions by issuing timely and accurate ratings. Long established as a leading global provider of independent ratings, their platform offers greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information coupled with competitive pricing and cutting-edge technology. Currently they seek to hire a Director for their Ratings team. Reporting directly to the senior leadership of the firm this individual will play a key role in fostering rapid growth throughout the organization.
The Director will lead and manage the Ratings Group to assign new and surveillance ratings with high quality and consistency, providing comprehensive, logical, accurate and compliance work product
- Serves as the senior member of the Rating Review and Policies Committee.
- Formulates and executes the Ratings Group strategy, serving as supervisory internal control who is responsible for managing the day-to-day rating operations.
- Manages the development of firm credit analysis methodologies, models, credit metrics, rating process, and policies and procedures to determine a credit rating. Serves as project manager.
- Leads and manages the rating team to continuously improve ratings results, through recruitment, training, mentoring, development, succession planning and retention.
Specific Responsibilities will include (but not me limited to):
- Responsible for leading a team, and perfecting rating methodologies to consistently deliver high quality ratings
- Lead a team of analysts in assigning new ratings with high quality and consistency.
- Develops and publishes rating criteria and methodologies.
- Prepares credit submissions and presents transactions to the rating committee.
- Works with the team to proactively identify credit trends and provide timely and insightful research. Serve as critical contributor to the development and enhancement of methodologies.
- Directs team to perform transaction analysis, including originator/servicer due diligence. cash flow modeling and analysis of bond structures. Review of legal structures, documentation and opinions.
- Actively engages with investors, bankers, and issuers on analytical matters.
- Works with the compliance group and the Board regarding the rating related matter as appropriate.
- Prepares and presents regular management and Board updates, highlighting activity and methodology improvement progress.
- Complies with SEC and other regulatory requirements relevant with best-in-class business practices.
- Serve as Ratings Group representative for SEC annual exam, manage the rating team’s delivering. per SEC or other regulators’ requests, address SEC findings and recommendations, and other similar matter.
- Represents the firm in industry events and conferences, address questions from the internal and external customers and/or the market participants.
- Writes insightful individual transaction reports as well as thought leadership articles and market commentaries.
- Communicates feedback from investors and clients, facilitating improvement in the analytical process and analytical research products.
- Promotes success with investors and clients, to ensure understanding of growing market acceptance of firm’s credit Ratings.
- Develops leadership role in the industry. Attends and participate in industry events, promoting firm participation in conferences and other speaking opportunities, workshops, and educational events.
- 10+ years of experience in credit ratings, research, investing, underwriting, consulting, or similar experience, preferably within an NRSRO.
- Experience working in a credit ratings agency (i.e. NRSRO) and knowledge of structured finance (i.e. ABS) or debt markets is preferred.
- Deep knowledge of credit analysis and understanding of capital markets. strong visibility and presence in all relevant sectors.
- An understanding of rating agencies environment and also of risk management requirements in strategic decision making, risk identification, risk quantification / quantitative modelling processes.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, initiate and execute strategies within the team and/or across the firm to meet objectives.
- Strong interpersonal relations, with the ability to effectively influence and collaborate with diverse teams.
- Is a self-starter and team builder who possesses an entrepreneurial drive, tireless work ethic, and competitive winning spirit to drive the firm to continued success.
- Competent in project management, process development, execution and administration.
- Self-motivated and persistent, with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Ability to multi-task and meet short deadlines within a fast-paced and results-driven environment.
- Has the highest levels of personal and professional integrity.
- Articulate and compelling written and verbal communication skills.
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in finance, economics, or related area.
- Advanced degree and relevant certifications, highly desired.
Note: This role not be expected to participate sales and marketing or other activities against regulation and firm internal policies and procedures.