Compensation is targeted at $150 - $160 base. (Plus potential Equity / Stock awards, and potential cash bonuses). Compensation will be determined on candidate's credentials, experiences, and potential value to the department / firm.
Director of Bank Operations - 1st Vice President
Our client is a long standing, respected NYC based bank focused on creating wealth enhancing situations across diverse communities. In addition to maintaining a well-established branch network, they specialize in providing access to capital and financial advice to consumers, businesses, and non-profit organizations. The Bank provides commercial real estate and small business loans and a range of complementary bank products and services.
Currently our client seeks to hire Director of Bank Operations (1st VP), reporting directly to the President and CEO. The Director of Operations will be responsible for direct oversight over three critical functions: Deposit Operations, Call Center and Facilities. The manager fulfilling this role will lead the design, implementation and improvement of vendor selection, management oversight and evaluation, and project management, in three critical areas: Facilities, Loan and Retail Operations. As such, successful candidates will have direct work experience in Retail Bank, Loan Operations and/or Facilities, including managing people and vendors. Additionally, preferred candidates will possess excellent project management skills, required to evaluate and reengineer processes and work flows, document processes and procedures, train team members and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. Successful working relationships across interdependent departmental lines is a must as well as working with external vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct oversight of Branch Operations
- Implement best practices and innovate new user experiences for payments: Work to identify requirements as it relates to business, compliance and /or regulations that affect the movement of money through the Digital workflow, including ACH (including same day), ATM, bill payment, checks, Remote Deposit Capture (RDC), debit card management, peer to peer (P2P), Real Time Payments (RTP), and wires
- Support fraud investigation and, based on established protocols, assist other fraud-investigations areas where requested to control / mitigate fraudulent financial transactions
- Co-chair Operational Risk Steering Committee and Sub-Product Committee
- Lead contact with core vendors to assess performance, negotiate contract renewals, and engage in product and/or service expansion
- Lead evaluation, re-design, implementation and continuous improvement of critical operating practices and procedures
- Maximize operational performance while meeting and exceeding project and customer expectations (internal and external)
- Interact regularly with project leadership teams to ensure operational priorities are aligned with mission, vision, values and division objectives
- B.A. / B.S., Masters preferred
- Minimum of 10 years operations and vendor management experience
- Must be able to translate and document business objectives into written project and people goals
- Strong project development, launch, rollout experience
- Prior experience in vendor negotiation and management a must
- Ability to engage, coach, motivate and lead a team, while holding employees accountable for results
- Ability to influence team members and others outside of direct responsibility, including employees in other divisions
- Excellent internal and external client service skills
- Knowledge of industry best practices to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills