COMPENSATION is targeted at $325K - $400K (base + cash bonus) PLUS carry. (Determined based on candidate’s credentials, performance and value added to the firm / department).
This position is currently remote till at least Summer 2021.
Director of Finance / Chief Financial Officer
Our client is a well-established, dynamic alternative investment firm that strategically invests in innovative technologies, services, and products with a focus on the energy sector. Experiencing rapid growth, they are seeking to hire an experienced financial professional to lead their Finance / Accounting team.
The Director of Finance / CFO will oversee, develop and implement the firm’s strategic Finance and Accounting program. This will include all financial planning, variance analysis, financial reporting, fund administration & accounting, and treasury-related activities. The skills needed to succeed include strong leadership, accounting, FP&A, and communication skills. A successful candidate will have prior experience scaling financial infrastructures, expertise in the growth phases of a venture capital, private equity or M&A organization. The Director of Finance / CFO will partner with C-Suite level executives for company-wide growth and development. This position reports directly to the COO.
- Provide insightful and trusted counsel to the management team, and investors on both financial and broad-based business issues related to the overall performance of the Company.
- Serve as a key member of the senior leadership team regarding financial implications of business decisions, as well as strategic input in shaping the Company’s business objectives.
- Establish a solid financial foundation with appropriate systems that will allow the business to grow effectively over the next several years.
- Oversee all accounting functions (monthly financial closes, fund administration & accounting, budgeting, general ledger entries, collections, billing, AR/AP, expense reports, Payroll, etc.).
- Ensure all calculations, performance returns, and related metrics are accurate including NAV, calculation and collection of management fees and incentive fees, monthly close of corporate entities, annual Fund/Corporate financial statement preparation, review, and submission process in conjunction with the annual audit, and various special projects.
- Identify opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement.
- Manage external relationships with auditors, tax preparers, (including audit process to completion) and maintain compliance with all tax regulations.
- Provide and resent financial statements and analysis to senior leadership.
- Project acquisition and expansion prospects; analyzing organization operations.
- Help determine and report on KPIs.
- Manage the business forecast including strategic and variance analysis..
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business.
- CPA A MUST
- 12 + years of alternative investment / financial services finance & accounting experience (P/E, Fund, Asset Management, etc…).
- Experience with a SPAC a plus!
- Team player with strong communication, customer service, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and work proactively and independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Familiarity with software revenue recognition, metrics, and best practices.
- Strong FP&A skillset with analytical, intellectually curious mindset.
- Ability to develop and implement systems, tools, and processes.