Total Compensation is targeted at $550K - $650K. To be determined based on candidate's credentials, experiences, and potential value to the department / firm.
Director of Risk Management
Our client is a global investment firm (~$17bil AUM) specializing in credit-related investments. The firm offers specialized funds and customized managed accounts with diverse return objectives. The firm offers a high yield, bank loans, distressed debt, securitized credit, equities, and shorts/hedges. Currently, they seek to hire a Director of Risk Management to join their organization during an exciting time of transformation and growth.
The Director of Risk Management will serve as a key member of the leadership team, reporting directly to the COO. With oversight of all firm risk initiatives, the Director of Risk Management will lead firm efforts to provide support and independent oversight of all strategies and risks taken by the firm's funds across all Risk Verticals (Market, Credit, Operational, Liquidity, Model, Counterparty & Investment Risk).
The Direct of Risk Management will be expected to identify the short - and long-term needs of the organization, coordinate necessary resources, oversee the entire function, and simultaneously operationalize and execute on existing strategies. Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role. Ideal candidates will have a solid track record of recognizing and initiating change.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Oversight of all strategies and risk across Market, Credit, Operational, Liquidity, Model, Counterparty, and Investment Risk
- Evaluate risks based on an understanding of the fund’s risk management techniques, trading strategies, and infrastructure.
- Lead / Serve as key committee member along with senior firm executives and leadership across all risk stripes, and work cross-functionally with different business lines.
- Perform detailed scenario analyses and present findings to lead investment professionals.
- Thinking critically about market conditions or risk events, and evaluating their impact on firm portfolios
- Stress testing of funds under different market conditions and volatility while relaying key risk and portfolio changes to senior management
- This role involves significant quantitative data analysis, developing knowledge of various financial instruments, running large scale distributed computations, and maximizing use of technological automation.
- Assessing and articulating all risk associated with the onboarding of new products and strategies
- Analyze and monitor inputs and outputs of quantitative investment strategies
- Identify, create, and adjust new metrics, dashboards, and tools for effective risk evaluation allowing the firm to maximize capabilities.
- Advanced degree in Finance, Mathematics, Economics, or Computer Science (or related field).
- 10 + years Risk Management related experience within the asset management / hedge fund / alternative investment arena. (Buy-side hedge fund; specifically at a credit focused shop +).
- Expertise of risk measurements including duration, yield curve, spreads, Greeks, interest rates, etc.…
- Solid understanding of structured products including ABS, CMBS, CLOs, TBAs, REITS, etc.…
- Strong quantitative background and skillset, particularly strong knowledge on statistical analysis of investment risk.
- Knowledge of complex derivatives and systematic investing.
- Outstanding communication skills - and the ability to clearly and succinctly deliver thoughtful, insightful and commercially aware analysis - are paramount.
- Technology proficiency will be a be plus in this role, particularly coding, dealing with large amounts of data, building queries, etc...
- Entrepreneurial mindset. Independent thinker. Self Starter!