Base compensation is targeted at ~$150K - $200K, plus potential discretionary bonus to be determined on candidate / company's performance.
Director / Vice President of Human Resources (Generalist)
Our client is a leading asset manager serving a broad client base including financial advisors, institutions and individual investors. They offer multiple investment strategies across a variety of investment disciplines focusing on providing institutional-quality, actively managed solutions with a performance-centered mindset.
Currently our client is in active growth mode and seeks to hire a Director / Vice President of Human Resources (Generalist) to lead HR functions for the firm. This position, will report to the firm’s Co-Chief Executive Officers, (and management committee) and will be responsible for all talent optimization initiatives as well as a variety of HR daily operations including payroll processing with outsourced PEO (currently Insperity), HRIS management, recruitment and selection, benefit administration, employee onboarding, performance management, employee appraisals, employee relations, HR reporting and special projects as well as developing and maintaining their unique corporate culture. As the strategic leader of the Human Resource function, the ideal candidate will be have a measurable impact on the firm's continued growth and success.
- Continue to develop, refine and maintain the key elements that drive corporate culture
- Initiate and process semi-monthly payroll with PEO in conjunction with the Vice President - Corporate Accounting and HR
- Maintain payroll deductions, deferrals and withholdings for all employees.
- Administer benefit programs (life, health, dental, vision, disability, 401(K), paid time off, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance) to include change reporting, reviewing benefit invoices for payment and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Manage recruitment efforts and new-employee orientations.
- Compose and place job postings.
- Responsible for the onboarding, processing of new hires and terminations, employee salary and status changes and other updates in Insperity Premier system.
- Collaborate with our PEO to prepare employee separation notices and related documentation and conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Create and maintain job descriptions for all positions.
- Assist in the planning, monitoring and appraisal of employee performance to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity.
- In conjunction with our PEO, ensure salaries are compliant with DOL regulations and equitable across the organization.
- Provide high-quality advice and service to management on daily employee relations and performance management issues.
- Assist with the integration of diversity, equity and inclusion strategies in recruitment, performance management, and training.
- Actively participate with the firm’s Corporate Social Responsibility Committee initiatives.
- Assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Maintain the employee handbook and state addendums.
- Minimum of 7 -10 years proven experience as an HR Generalist
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Resources – related area, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job
- Proficient in payroll processing and knowledge of PEO relationships a plus
- Familiarity with local, state and federal employment related laws
- Skilled in MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook and Word)
- High degree of discretion and judgement in confidential matters and information
- Commitment to professional and ethical standards
- Ability to communicate the firm’s culture and support an engaged and inclusive work environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Skilled at managing time and multiple priorities to carry out assignments in a timely and thorough manner
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Desire to work as a team with results driven approach