$140K - $200K TOTAL COMPENSATION. To be determined based on candidate’s credentials, performance and value added to the firm / department.
Our client is a European based diversified financial services organization specializing in corporate and investment banking, asset & wealth management, and specialized financial services. This position will work for their NY base Americas headquarters.
Summary of position:
The FP&A Manager will lead a supervisory capacity to perform Monthly/Quarterly Close, Forecast and Budget in management reporting and expense control along with leading change management effort as our client is currently overhauling the reporting processes to reengineer and automate the manual processes. This position will have high exposure to the senior management both in Corporate and Business Lines, and rewarding if the candidate is successful.
- Being able to work in a developing environment. Ability to take initiatives to move forward the process reengineering effort while implementing stronger controls in coordination with Front/Middle/Back Office functions as well as Head Office.
- Experience in Management Reporting and/or Expense Management (Monthly/Quarterly Close, Forecast, Budget) required + AP Experience a plus
- Driven to improve manual processes, being able to articulate the business requirement for the improved processes with stronger controls, and take initiatives to change processes ensuring buy-in from upstream/downstream process owners/stakeholders.
- Experience managing Management Reporting and/or Expense Management (+AP) process re-engineering/automation in a lead role.
- Hands-on and work independently, at the same time have experience and be able to manage a team (3-5 staff) with diverse background.
- Being able to see a big picture while being able to care for detail.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the preparation and review of management reporting/operating expense reports and analysis to local department heads, senior management and Head office.
- Perform detailed management reporting and expense analysis and identify/resolve unusual variances and issues. Maintain supporting documentation.
- Put together a presentation for suggested strategic planning support for revenue growth and cost cutting effort (e.g. Consulting Cost). Present the material to the senior management.
- Assist with requests from external auditors and regulators in timely manner.
- Establish effective controls in management reporting/expense control/AP to avoid audit issues.
- Take initiatives to review the existing processes and reengineer/automate management reporting and expense/AP processes. Document the current processes, target processes, and gap analysis in the business requirement document. Present the business requirements to senior management to get buy-in and to the consultants who need to understand the full scope of business requirements for the changes to be implemented.
- Perform Management Reporting tasks including (1) prepare/review weekly/monthly P&L results for Americas Platform as well as business lines. (2) review the files with the business lines for further improvement. (3) Prepare/review reforecast and budget material with taking initiatives to communicate with business managers. (4) Correspond with Head Office for reporting, projects and any other HO-led initiatives.
- Perform expense control function including (1) Perform monthly closing activities including review and approval of journal entries and accruals. Review and approve account reconciliations, updating Corona (cash control system) on a consistent basis, and resolving any reconciliation issues with HR. (2) monthly Bonus and Head Office accruals. Work closely with head office team in booking monthly accruals as well as cutoffs and any other adjustments that are necessary throughout the year. (3) monthly-deferred compensation entry based on files and statements received from vendors. (4) intercompany account in Matisse (general ledger) for breaks and book any necessary entries. Complete quarterly settlement between Entities.
- Develop strong relationship throughout the Bank to enable complex deliveries bank-wide.
- Complete ad hoc requests and special projects.
- Manage 3-5 staff effectively.
Required education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA strongly preferred.
- Big 4 experience preferred, but not required.
- 5-12 years of experience. Banking or Financial Services experience strongly preferred.
- Experience reengineering and automation in management reporting and/or expense control processes preferred.
- Managerial experience preferred.
- Computer skills, including specific knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.), Essbase, Business Objects. Tagetik experience is preferred and a huge plus. AP system and Excel Macro knowledge is plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate well and effectively with the Front/Middle/Back Office functions as well as Head Office.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret financial information and the ability to accurately explain/report activity in verbal and written communications. Requires intermediate analytical skills
- Requires knowledge of financial terms, concepts and accounting principles.
- Strong work ethic and adaptable.
- Have sense of urgency to drive the tasks/processes to completion while leading others in timely manner.
- Relationship-oriented mindset, looking for win-win solutions to obstacles.
- Strong commitment and drive to accomplish assignments accurately and in timely manner.
- Being able to prioritize the tasks to align management requirements.