TOTAL COMPENSATION is targeted at $110K - $130K but will be determined based on candidate’s credentials, performance and value added to the firm / department.
Fund Accounting, Private Equity
Our client is a prominent, Investment Manager / Private Equity Firm with investments throughout the world. They have a proven track record investing across many diverse industries.
Fund Accountant will be responsible for maintaining the books and records for various private limited partnerships, as well as the underlying pass-through entities and holding companies;
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and maintaining the books and records of limited partnerships, as well as underlying pass-through entities and holding companies via accounting software or Excel;
- Creating and organizing electronic work papers;
- Accounting for and reconciliation of cash, investments, intercompany transactions, income and expenses;
- Recording and reconciling of purchase and sale transactions;
- Posting of expense accruals;
- Assisting in preparation of capital call and distribution notices;
- Preparing interim and annual financial reports for investors, management and any other ad-hoc reporting;
- Assisting with maintenance of investor portal and CRM;
- Preparing work papers for tax and year end audits;
- Assisting with preparation of regulatory filings;
- Performing other ad-hoc special projects, as required.
- The successful candidate must:
- Work efficiently and effectively
- Be able to multi-task and work well under pressure;
- Take the initiative to ask questions to gain in-depth understanding of tasks at hand;
- Be detail-oriented and organized;
- Be a team player and demonstrate a strong work ethic, as well as be able to work independently; and
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA preferred
- 3+ years experience in public/private accounting, preferably with private equity fund experience
- Strong understanding of journal entries and reconciliation/account analysis
- Good understanding of partnership accounting a plus
- Experience with ERP/accounting systems (e.g., Investran, Dynamics NAV or Alta Return/Allvue a plus)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel