Compensation is targeted at $400K - $500K Base. PLUS bonus potential / incentive compensation targeted at 75%-125% of base. To be determined on candidate’s credentials, performance and value added to the firm / department.
Head of Real Estate (US)
Our client is a global, diversified financial services firm with expertise across the full spectrum of comprehensive investment services including asset management, wealth management, and investment banking. Globally their broad investment mandate covers a wide array of multiple public and private market strategies. In the US, there is a strong focus on venture capital, real estate and corporate finance. Currently they seek to hire a proven business leader to Head their Real Estate group.
The Head of Real Estate position will have the unique opportunity to build on an existing platform that is well capitalized and help shape the future of the department and organization. Ideal candidates should have a proven track record across Commercial Real Estate investing and/or Capital Markets. Candidates should also have an existing network of “transaction oriented” professionals throughout the United States Real Estate markets.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Develop and implement business strategy and investment thesis including pursuing and executing selected strategic investment initiatives
- Identify potential strategic commercial real estate investment trends and opportunities
- Create and maintain effective team of professionals to originate, analyze, execute, manage, and sell real estate investments
- Oversee execution of investment opportunities and presentation to leadership, investment committees and external investors
- Lead in legal negotiation and documentation of new investments - including: term sheets, purchase contracts, loan docs, joint venture agreements, management agreements, etc.
- Research, maintain, and distribute key industry information including industry financial comparisons, market leaders, competitor insight, regulatory issues and trends
- Perform ongoing analysis, diligence, and manage existing investment portfolio (risk, returns, capital T/O ratio, liquidity, structure, legal, operations)
- Actively participate, syndicate, innovate and support process, and policy initiatives designed to mitigate risk; improve speed, quality, and overall firm objectives
- Extensive network to syndicate and develop new investment ideas to grow the business
- Bachelor’s degree – Finance, Economics and/or Real Estate, preferred
- 15+ years of directly relevant of commercial real estate investment or capital markets experience including sourcing, structuring, and closing real estate transactions
- A proven significant track record of successful investment and leadership abilities
- Extensive, quantifiable experience in commercial real estate originations including market, asset type, structure, and underwriting knowledge
- Deep Working relationships within real estate industry (i.e., brokers, borrowers, operators, developers, HNWIs, family offices)
- Proven managerial skills including delegation, coaching, and demonstrated leadership abilities among team members and senior executives
- Demonstrated experience leading various teams and adapting quickly within a dynamic, complex, and fast-paced business development environment
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to deal effectively at all levels within the organization
- Series 7, 79, 24 (plus)