Total Compensation is targeted at $140K - $180K. To be determined based on candidate's credentials, experiences, and potential value to the department / firm.
Human Resources - Senior Specialist / Coordinator
Position will be hybrid / based in New York. Remote candidates also considered.
Our client is a Nationally Recognized Statistical Ratings Organization (NRSRO) and is recognized by The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) and The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) as a Credit Rating Provider. They serve as a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions by issuing timely and accurate ratings. Long established as a leading global provider of independent ratings, their platform offers greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information coupled with competitive pricing and cutting-edge technology. Currently they are seeking to hire a Senior HR Specialist/Coordinator. Reporting directly to the senior management of the firm, this individual will play a key role in fostering rapid growth throughout the organization.
The Senior HR Specialist/Coordinator will oversee and monitor all Human Resources functions. The Senior HR Specialist responsibilities include preparing compensation and benefits packages, establishing company policies, and maintaining updated employee records. To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have a good understanding of full cycle recruiting and solid knowledge of labor legislation. Ultimately, you will foster a healthy workplace by ensuring that the firm HR processes run smoothly.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Hands on oversight of recruiting, onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Prepare and review compensation and benefits packages.
- Implement training and development plans.
- Maintain communication with employees regarding all ancillary benefits.
- Maintain the employee records database (new hire information, changes in employment status, etc…).
- Maintain organizational charts and detailed job descriptions / compensation records.
- Forecast hiring needs and ensure recruitment process runs smoothly.
- Develop and implement HR policies throughout the organization.
- Process employees’ queries and respond in a timely manner.
- Ability to apply standard human resources’ practices and procedures as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines governing areas including but not limited to domestic and international associate relations, Wage and Hour, Equal Employment Opportunity, the Family Medical Leave Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Stay up-to-date and comply with changes in labor legislation.
- BSc/MSc in Human Resources or relevant field
- Proven work experience as a Senior HR Specialist or HR Generalist
- Hands-on experience with (HRIS) Human Resources Information Systems, (BambooHR, etc…)
- Solid understanding of labor legislation and payroll process
- Familiarity with full cycle recruiting
- Experience with Employer Liability Management including Workers’ compensation plan coverage and claims resolution, Employment practices liability insurance, Employee handbooks, Termination assistance, Employee relations guidance, Harassment and discrimination prevention training.
- Experience with HR-Related Compliance including Local tax withholding and UI tax, Unemployment insurance and other state tax payment. Unemployment claims administration, FICA, FUTA, SUTA, Drug-free policies and/or administration, Discrimination/harassment complaints assistance, FLSA exempt, nonexempt classification education, EEOC services, and Leave administration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical abilities / problem-solving skill