Investment Operations Associate
Our client is an alternative investment and asset management company with a successful track record for 10+ years. The Firm specializes in investment opportunities in asset-based lending, real estate, debt products, structured finance and financial services private equity. Located in Stamford, Connecticut and currently has over $2 billion in assets under management.
Our client is seeking a highly qualified candidate for its Investment Operations team. Candidates will work closely with members of the investment teams in commercial, residential, conduit, and special servicing business units. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be involved in the asset management and monitoring of the investment portfolios including maintaining cash flows, utilizing technology (proprietary and non-proprietary) for anticipating business needs, analyzing and summarizing data, creating Excel spreadsheets, business writing and presentations.
- Maintain investment inventory from point of purchase, through the vendor management process, to point of disposition
- Prepare funding, remittance and monthly reconciliations of whole loan portfolio
- Process, book and manage accurate books and records
- Maintain cash flows for Conduit Securitization Modeling
- Monitor Interest Rate Swap positions and daily cash collateral requirements
- Memo Preparation – Assist in the creation of due diligence summaries and memorandums
- Portfolio Surveillance –Monitor watch list assets and recommend resolution strategies. Manage loan database.
- Review and analyze deal documentation to ensure accurate data is maintained through the life of the transaction
- Manage projects and technology initiatives
- Work closely with service providers- Servicers, Custodians, Trustees and Fund Administrators
Specifications and Qualifications
The successful candidate will:
- Have 2-4 years related professional experience in financial products
- Knowledge of General Ledger posting and accounting applications
- Desire to work in real estate finance and ability to analyze processes, operational flows and maximize efficiencies
- Work effectively under strict deadlines in a team based, dynamic environment requiring focus and multi- tasking
- Solid Microsoft Excel skills for developing spreadsheets with advance functionality
- Have proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint. Demonstrate basic knowledge of fixed income analytics
- Possess good writing and communication skills
- Be a top graduate of a competitive undergraduate program
- Be proactive and a self-starter