Total compensation is targeted at $110K - $130K, to be determined on candidate's credentials, experiences and potential value to the department / firm.
Investment Operations Manager
Our client is a leading asset manager serving a broad client base including financial advisors, institutions and individual investors. They offer multiple investment strategies across a variety of investment disciplines focusing on providing institutional-quality, actively managed solutions with a performance-centered mindset.
As a buyside infrastructure fund that currently invests in power generation assets, they specialize in the acquisition and management of diversified income-producing renewable energy power facilities, energy efficiency projects and other sustainable development investments.
Currently in active growth mode, they seek to hire a Manager for their expanding Investment Operations team. This newly created position will serve as a “hands on” lead in assisting the continued growth of the team and firm.
Ideal candidate will have extensive Investment Management support experience around all middle & back office functions necessary for proper trading, accounting, cash movement, settlement and custody of assets held within the various funds. This will include trade communications to the transfer agents, custodians and brokers as it relates to all funds under management.
The selected individual will need to work independently to oversee all transfer agent and shareholder communication functions to the expanding business. Responsibilities will be broad, varied and all encompassing.
- Responsible for daily middle office functions including, but not limited to, the following
- Supporting the post execution trade lifecycle.
- Monitoring the lifecycle of all transactions to ensure timely trade communication and broker confirmation.
- Researching and resolving exceptions occurring during the initial trade processing as well as ongoing shareholder matters which occur in the ordinary course or business
- Managing the quarterly repurchase program
- Managing the monthly distribution process including cash movement and reconciliation to accounting records
- Overseeing trail fee commission payments to brokers
- In conjunction with the marketing and legal departments, updating all shareholder maintenance forms as necessary
- Overseeing the annual K-1 tax form completion and distribution process in conjunction with the tax department and the external tax accountants
- Performing position reconciliations between transfer agent records and fund accountants, fund administrators, and third-party custodians
- Communicate effectively with fund accountants, portfolio managers, team members, custodians, brokers, and other external/internal customers. Assisting in training of staff.
- Independently researching complex issues and working on special projects/performing unique functions with minimal direction from manager.
- Identifying, investigating and resolving exceptions of trade position differences between internal and custodian records.
- Serve as day to day manager (and main interface) of the firm’s transfer agent relationships.
- Act as primary liaison between transfer agents and external service providers (DST/SS&C and US Bank) on all client and broker related inquiries.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or equivalent experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of previous transfer agent and shareholder servicing experience is required; previous experience in an alternative investments / private fund offering environment is preferred.
- Client Focused, Courageous and Accountable, Collaborative, Curious and Adaptable, Competitive Drive.
- Previous experience with DST/SS&C’s TA 2000 software is preferred as well as Fan Mail, Fan Web and DST Vision.
- Proven ability to manage internal employees and external relationships in a highly effective manner.
- Strong computer skills including, Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to multi-task while working in deadline-driven, structured and medium to high stress environment.
- Ability to recognize and advance issues timely.
- Ability to investigate, analyze and resolve issued based on application of previous experience.