Total Compensation is targeted at $90K - $110K, to be determined based on candidate's credentials, experiences, and potential value to the department / firm.
Junior Data Analyst
Our client is a global investment firm (~$15bil AUM) specializing in credit-related investments. The firm offers specialized funds and customized managed accounts with diverse return objectives. The firm offers a high yield, bank loans, distressed debt, securitized credit, equities, and shorts/hedges. Currently, they seek to hire an Operations Associate for their growing team.
The Junior Data Analyst will work as a member of the Data Management Operations team on all aspects of the life of a trade work flow in monitoring the investment portfolios managed by the firm. The Analyst will be charged with maintaining all security master data integral to the investment life cycle process for the firm in their proprietary data warehouse and security master. This role will work closely with key stakeholders in Operations, Risk, and Software Development to design, manage, validate, and make available all investment data required and consumed by the firm. This position will offer a high level of responsibility and engagement for a motivated professional.
- Develop an in depth understanding of the internal data warehouse and security master pertaining to securities, credit ratings, sector classifications, analytics, transactions, positions, portfolio valuations, benchmarks, etc. – all required to support a growing firm
- Take ownership of a set of daily data validation controls for all investment data
- Interact with all data providers and vendors to ensure that any data issues and service reviews are monitored and corrected in a timely manner
- Recommend efficiency and scalability ideas for a growing data management framework
- Initiate and drive platform and process innovations to support new business needs, minimize risk, enhance quality, and navigate the changing markets
- Work collaboratively with teammates and stakeholders (Operations, Software Development, IT, Investment and PM teams, Risk, etc.)
- Support and enhance existing processes and procedures
- Undergraduate degree with a track record of strong academic performance
- 2-4 years of experience in data management, hedge fund administration, valuation and treasury operations
- High Yield/Credit hedge fund background preferred with solid product knowledge including Structured Credit, Syndicated Debt, and Private Credit
- Experience with Bloomberg, Markit, and other data providers is a plus
- SQL and Excel skills are highly preferred, while VBA, Python, PowerBI are a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills in both written and verbal form
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complicated issues and to advance multifaceted projects.