Total compensation is targeted at $150K - $200K. To be determined on candidate's credentials, experiences, and potential value to the department / firm.
Position can be located in any "MAJOR" US city where the firm has a presence.
Manager, Client Arrangements
Our client is global management consulting firm, recognized as best in class. They serve as a trusted adviser to the world's leading businesses, governments, and institutions.
As part of their ongoing business growth efforts, they frequently structure and negotiate non-standard payment arrangements including performance-based arrangements and equity-based arrangements. As the firm continues to expand their offerings, they are seeking to hire a commercially minded professional to help support firm efforts in all areas of standard and non-standard arrangements.
The Manager will specifically focus on the firm’s global pricing and arrangements committee which reviews internal proposals from colleagues across the globe to serve clients under the terms of large and complex non-standard fee arrangements. The immediate team consists of the Director of Client Arrangements, NA who convenes the global pricing and arrangements committee, and the pricing and arrangements coordinator who supports organizing committee meetings and maintain its records.
This position will involve extensive interaction with functional leaders who have a role in shaping & approving, including professionals across Legal, Risk, Tax, and, Accounting functions along with the firm’s governing body for client arrangements (a group of Senior Partners).
Responsibilities will include (but not me limited to):
- Own the independent validation and evaluation of the economic models accompanying each proposal reviewed by the committee.
- Provide assurance that the model is based on firm-endorsed financial assumptions.
- Accurately forecast the impacts of the proposed arrangement on the firm’s financial statements, properly reflect the associated economic risks and rewards, and contain the relevant information required for booking in the firm’s performance management systems.
- After summarizing your findings, you will review them with the committee’s convener and prepare to communicate them to a larger audience of colleagues.
- Have a key consolidating role in the monitoring and reporting of the committee’s activity including forecasting its pipeline (maintained by the committee’s coordinator), the status of arrangements approved but not yet closed (in the hands of the firm’s professional negotiators) and performance of arrangements that have closed and are in progress (tracked by various teams at the firm).
- Provide assurance, along with the committee’s coordinator and convener, that committee meetings are timely scheduled, members are duly briefed, and records of committee activity are properly kept.
- Work closely with the extended team to lead and contribute to projects and leadership analyses (e.g., developing innovative reporting, providing analytical basis for decisions by firm leadership and firm committees).
- 4-year university degree preferably in an accounting, finance, economics or other quantitative field; graduate degree desired
- 5+ years of financial or economic modelling or financial statement forecasting experience ideally in a corporate development, private equity, banking or consulting context with exposure to securities/credit analysis and financial derivatives
- 2+ years of experience in a professional services firm
- Knowledge in financial statement forecasting, financial or economic modelling, securities, derivatives
- Excellent analytic thinking and problem-solving skills that draw on data and modelling techniques; aptitude for analytics
- Strong commitment to personal and professional growth; eagerness to learn
- Ability to structure new and sometimes ambiguous problems in a way that creates clear deliverables and outputs
- Ability to influence others through well-organized ideas while making suggestions that are thought challenging
- Committed to fact-based analysis and modeling as a way to solve most challenging problems
- Ability to build strong and trustworthy relationships with others and to effectively contribute to a highly collaborative work environment
- Open mindset towards change and engagement for continuous improvement