TOTAL COMPENSATION is targeted at $135K - $150K (base + bonus) PLUS comprehensive benefits package and participation in fund carried interest programs. (Determined based on candidate’s credentials, performance and value added to the firm / department).
Our client is a well-established, dynamic alternative investment firm that strategically invests in innovative technologies, services, and products with a focus on the sustainable energy sector.
Experiencing rapid growth, they are seeking to hire an experienced Manager, Finance/Accounting to join their team led by the CFO and Assistant Controller. The Finance team works closely with senior leadership and will have heavy interaction with the investment, operations, and investor relations teams.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Coordinate with investment teams for seamless deal execution, portfolio monitoring and funding/disbursements while recording and accounting for related transactions
- Work closely with investment teams on preparation and review of quarterly portfolio company valuations including analysis of complex capital structures and implementation of valuation methodologies in accordance with ASC-820
- Responsible for managing preparation and reviewing annual and quarterly fund financial statements and quarterly/monthly workbooks
- Manage direct reports and junior staff with a focus on mentorship and training
- Actively manage fund liquidity and line of credit including forecasting, compliance with partnership agreement and determination of timing of investor capital calls
- Review bank reconciliations and general ledgers for management entities and assisting with budgeting, strategic analysis and profitability of business units
- Analyze and calculate investment/fund performance and projections including returns and carried interest waterfall
- Track, maintain and improve controls, documentation and record-keeping
- Assist in the coordination with fund service providers for auditor, tax, custodians, valuation and portfolio monitoring
- Ad hoc analysis for CFO/senior management and other responsibilities as needed
- 5-7 years of total experience in an accounting or finance role
- 2-3 years of experience in private equity or venture capital preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with exceptional academic performance
- CPA or CFA preferred
- Cross-functional experience with driving progress by working closely across internal teams
- Superior organization and attention to detail
- High ethical standards
- Experience with identifying and implementing process improvement in a growing business
- The ability to effectively multi-task, manage deadlines, learn quickly and communicate clearly