Total compensation is targeted at $160K - $210K. To be determined on candidate's credentials, experiences, and potential value to the department / firm.
Position can be based in Boston, NYC, Central New Jersey, Tampa. Candidates from other major US cities will be considered as well.
Our client is global professional services firm, universally recognized as best in class. They serve as a trusted adviser to the world's leading businesses, governments, and institutions.
Currently they seek to hire an experienced professional for their Finance Planning & Analysis team (FP&A). The department is responsible for performance management, growth opportunity identification and prioritization, planning and forecasting, analysis of key economic drivers, cost redesign and action-oriented management analysis. This role includes the opportunity to interact with multiple stakeholders from areas outside finance, as well as various other high-profile special projects to support senior leadership decision-making.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Identify insights from reports to provide concise synthesis commentary and assist in ad hoc data analysis.
- Produce monthly and quarterly financial insights including variance analysis, operating metrics, dashboards, etc.
- Support Finance and Firm leadership with a variety of modeling, strategic initiatives, and planning processes (headcount, operating expenses, growth and performance).
- Provide recommendations on client economics, analysis and management of pricing and arrangements, including extensive interaction with firm / practice leadership.
- Work closely leading colleagues across Finance and other firm functions.
- This role is designed to rotate to gain experience and exposure to different areas of the Firm over time.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in the area of Finance; Graduate degree is a plus
- 7+ years of work experience with exposure to various areas of Finance – generally in a role where you have demonstrated the ability to work effectively in teams and strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Prior experience leading initiatives end-to-end, including coaching peers in these efforts and leading change management
- Strong management skills (and potential) with ability to coach and develop junior colleagues
- Experience working with firm functions / business units beyond Finance
- Strong analytics/reporting background and experience of a professional firm's economics
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word); experience on efficient data management and knowledge of reporting tools (Alteryx, Tableau, SAP Analytics Cloud) would all be an advantage
- A strong commitment to excellence, personal and professional growth and an eagerness to learn and develop in multiple areas; open mindset towards change and engagement for continuous improvement
- Strong analytical mindset; excellent problem-solving skills with ability to structure ambiguous problems with little guidance; strong organizational skills; detail orientation coupled with the ability to see big-picture trends; ability to thrive under pressure
- Exceptional communication skills with senior leaders
- Experience in supporting management and leadership by providing insight, analysis and financial results for review is a plus
- Experience in dynamic model building and design