TOTAL COMPENSATION is targeted at ~$130K - $145K. Compensation will be determined based on candidate’s credentials, performance and value added to the firm / department. Positions are hybrid / office based.
Manager: Fund Administration / Accounting
Our client is a global professional services firm specializing in providing high-quality accounting, fund administration and investor reporting services to top tier private equity, real estate, debt, and infrastructure clients. They offer full training and support pertaining to the funds that they service, the chance to develop your skills, as well as a stable and reliable working environment.
The individual will be responsible for managing a team who services the needs of a portfolio of clients. The individual will liaise with the CFO and other senior management of the funds, third parties (including auditors) and any other external advisors necessary to ensure all issues are resolved and deadlines met. The individual will manage a team responsible for numerous other responsibilities including tracking the financial performance of the fund, producing capital calls/distributions, performance calculations and other day to day functions.
Specific Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Manage and oversee group of associates working on clients and review client work prepared at the associate level.
- Preparation of periodic financial statements and other accounting reports for our clients.
- Compile and analyze financial information underlying the financial statements.
- Updating the financial system (SUN) for all transaction related activity
- Preparation of asset level reporting for the client and seeking new ways to provide informative and concise information.
- Calculation of performance metrics.
- Involvement with year-end audit, including preparation of relevant files and resolving issues.
- Monitoring compliance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP”) and company procedures.
- Additional ad hoc duties or projects, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or above, in accounting or related subject is required.
- 5+ years-experience in fund accounting.
- A strong understanding of US GAAP.
- Interest in managing / coaching a growing team.
- Interest in reporting and other accounting challenges faced by private equity, infrastructure, real estate, debt, and fund of funds firms (our clients).
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from various groups, particularly clients.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- The individual must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Intermediate / advanced excel and word skills.