$210K - $270K TOTAL COMPENSATION. To be determined based on candidates credentials, performance and value added to the firm / department.
Manager of M&A
Our client is global management consulting firm, recognized as best in class. They serve as a trusted adviser to the world's leading businesses, governments, and institutions.
This position is a key part of the Firm’s M&A team; the role is global in scope and focused on the execution of the Firm’s M&A efforts including leading deal structuring, overseeing of the due diligence efforts across functional areas, financial valuation, and providing thought partnership to leadership in all key decision making.
- Collaborating with consulting teams as a functional expert in evaluating the implications of key business drivers and assumptions, and thought partnering with senior Industry/Practice leaders;
- Overseeing due diligence and integration efforts across functional areas (e.g., accounting, tax, legal, HR, IT);
- Negotiating with management team and owners of external targets
- Valuing M&A targets (e.g., synergies) and structuring potential transactions;
- Tracking the performance of previous M&A transactions and codifying M&A best practices and lessons learned leading to further process improvements; and
- Supporting the Firm’s leadership of M&A and broader inorganic team in the vetting of potential transactions with the Firm’s M&A/investment committees, as well as leading other key M&A initiatives as they arise.
- Excellent problem solving skills on par with C-level management;
- Top-notch corporate finance knowledge and prior hands-on experience in transaction execution and legal documentation;
- Strong process and project management skills;
- Ability to bridge business considerations and their financial implications; and
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to lead cross-functional teams, work with and advise senior Firm leaders, and help build consensus.
Required experience and education
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- Relevant experience in private equity, venture capital, corporate development or in buyside M&A at an investment bank strongly preferred; typically Senior Associate to Vice President in a private equity/VC firm, corporate development group or investment bank, or Senior Engagement Manager to Associate Principal or equivalent at consulting firm
- 5-12 years total experience