Total compensation is targeted at $220K - $260K. To be determined on candidate's credentials, experiences, and potential value to the department / firm.
Manager of M&A / Equity Investments
Our client is global professional services firm, recognized as best in class. They serve as a trusted adviser to the world's leading businesses, governments, and institutions.
As part of their ongoing business growth efforts, they frequently structure and negotiate non-standard payment arrangements including performance-based arrangements and equity-based arrangements. As they continue to expand their offerings, they are seeking to hire a commercially minded professional to help lead efforts in all areas of non-standard arrangements and to help with their growing equity portfolio.
The equity investments team will work closely with Partners and Client service teams to discover and pursue these types of arrangements. Reporting directly to the Director of Equity Investments & Arrangements, this position will involve extensive interaction with functional leaders who have a role in shaping & approving, including professionals across Legal, Risk, Tax, and Accounting functions along with the Firm’s governing body for equity-based arrangements (a group of Senior Partners).
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to:
This is a role for an energetic and high performing individual.
- You will support the negotiation of commercial terms for equity investments which form part of the firm’s global professional consulting services.
- Building new capabilities in the region you will enhance the way that the firm works with clients on the commercial elements of engagements and will bring tangible top and bottom line impact to the firm.
- Building trust-based relationships with the firm’s Partners in the local markets, regionally and globally you’ll support teams in developing standard commercial and alternative models for equity investment in firm clients. Your knowledge of market trends and the ability to identify them will increase understanding of client positioning in negotiations, provide insights into third party negotiation tactics and enable more impact when advising teams and negotiating.
- Other key responsibilities include: Build personal knowledge base - Track macroeconomic trends, global inflation rates and currency fluctuations and support the building and running of financial models to support and further develop equity negotiation strategies, identify improvement opportunities. Also help research and maintain a database of professional services and industry commercial terms.
- Drive best practice - You´ll also play a supportive role in partner education of best practices for equity structuring, negotiations strategies, tactics and unique firm issues. This means you´ll support the coaching and training on equity and client negotiations and to ensure alignment among the Partners and regions.
- From a networking and stakeholder engagement perspective you will have a proven track record in building relationships and extensive networks both internally and externally. You will have proven financial analysis and finance business partnering experience ideally gained in the private equity, investment banking, funds or asset management sector.
- At least 4-8 years of experience specifically in venture capital or private equity investments including negotiation of convertible notes, LP agreements, subscription agreements, M&A, private equity documentation, or equity portfolio management/administration.
- Quantitative Degree preferable in statistics, actuarial, econometrics, mathematics, operations research or related field
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills, time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to investigate and resolve complex issues
- High attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills
- Financial reporting, credit risk management and modelling experience
- Good understanding of credit metrics is needed
- Experience with industry standard valuation techniques
- Future focused and actively understands industry/ market trends to deliver analytics that meet stakeholder needs and expectations now and in the future
- Strong written and verbal communications skills (PowerPoint, Word)