$200K - $260K TOTAL COMPENSATION. To be determined based on candidates credentials, performance and value added to the firm / department.
Manager of M&A / Corporate Development
Our client is global professional services firm, recognized as best in class. They serve as a trusted adviser to the world's leading businesses, governments, and institutions.
This position is a key part of the Firm’s M&A team focusing on the firm’s inorganic growth strategies. The role is global in scope and focused on the execution of the Firm’s M&A efforts including leading deal structuring, overseeing of the due diligence efforts across functional areas, financial valuation, and providing thought partnership to leadership in all key decision making.
- Collaborating with internal teams and firm leadership as a functional expert in evaluating the implications of key business drivers and assumptions, and thought partnering with senior Industry/Practice leaders;
- Overseeing due diligence and integration efforts across functional areas (e.g., accounting, tax, legal, HR, IT);
- Performing detailed financial analysis in order to assess and value M&A targets (e.g., synergies) and structure potential transactions
- Negotiating with management team and owners of external targets
- Valuing M&A targets (e.g., synergies) and structuring potential transactions;
- Supporting the execution of acquisitions, equity investments, divestments, and joint ventures
- Tracking the performance of previous M&A transactions and codifying M&A best practices and lessons learned leading to further process improvements
- Managing due diligence efforts across all functional areas (e.g., accounting, tax, legal, HR, IT)
- Supporting the Firm’s leadership of M&A and broader inorganic team in the vetting of potential transactions with the Firm’s M&A/investment committees, as well as leading other key M&A initiatives as they arise.
- Excellent problem solving skills on par with C-level management;
- Top-notch corporate finance knowledge and prior hands-on experience in transaction execution and legal documentation;
- Strong process and project management skills;
- Ability to bridge business considerations and their financial implications; and
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to build trust and credibility with both external management (e.g., CEO, CFO, owners, etc.) and senior Firm leadership
- Preference, but not requirement, for prior hands-on experience in transaction execution and legal documentation
- BA/undergraduate degree from a top-tier institution; MBA a plus
- 4-8 years total experience; role and responsibilities will be adapted to level of experience
- Relevant experience in private equity, corporate development, or M&A at an investment bank; Associate to Vice President in a private equity/VC firm or investment bank, or equivalent at strategy consulting firm
- Industry experience is not required, but familiarity with management consulting or professional services business is beneficial