Total compensation is targeted at $110K - $140K, to be determined on candidate's credentials, experiences and potential value to the department / firm.
Senior Accountant – Financial Reporting
Our client is a leading investment management firm serving a broad client base including financial advisors, institutions and individual investors. They offer multiple investment strategies focusing on infrastructure investment across a variety of providing institutional-quality, actively managed solutions with a performance-centered mindset.
As a buyside infrastructure fund that currently invests in power generation assets, they specialize in the acquisition and management of diversified income-producing renewable energy power facilities, energy efficiency projects and other sustainable development investments.
As the firm continues to raise capital and grow their investment portfolio, they seek to hire a Senior Accountant to join their finance team which provides asset management, financial, operational and administrative support and managerial oversight for the firm. The role will report to the Senior Manager of Financial Reporting and will have one to two Financial Reporting Analysts report directly to them. This role will work alongside a small team that reports to the VP of Financial Reporting. As a small and evolving firm, the responsibilities will be broad, varied and all encompassing
Responsibilities (will include but not be limited to):
- Lead the financial close process while working with the external administrator, including the development of monthly and quarterly working papers, review of periodic account reconciliations, variance analysis and adjusting journal entries to track and support investment cost basis across the firm’s investment portfolio.
- Assist with the full preparation of all quarterly and annual SEC periodic reports, including the processes and controls surrounding the production of accurate financial information across all relevant departments.
- Collaborate with multiple internal groups to assist in the development of company and portfolio-level budgets, play a significant role in the production of budget to actual analysis and communication to management.
- Assist with financial compliance processes while collaboratively reviewing debt and tax equity legal agreements to determine compliance requirements and develop templates and reporting mechanisms.
- Support financial reporting group in interactions with external auditors regarding the quarterly reviews and audits.
- Lead department projects, including developing and maintaining timelines checklists for multiple projects to ensure issues are addressed, deliverables and appropriate journal entries are completed timely, etc.
- Ad hoc projects and analyses, including supporting the Business Development and Marketing functions, and other requests from Executive Management.
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external personnel in multiple disciplines and varying levels of management, on a variety of complex issues.
- Public accounting experience and/or CPA preferred
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Experience with SEC filings and Investment Company Accounting a plus but not required
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel
- Demonstrated organizational and planning acumen and/or analytical experience delivering reporting packages, compliance reports, and data interpretation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working remotely and in-office as part of a small team
- Interested in joining a fast-growing company. There are frequent changes and new challenges
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Proven ability to collaborate to develop new ideas and creative solutions
- Self-motivated, independent, detail-oriented, and possesses a strong sense of ownership
Currently, the firm has adopted a hybrid work model (2-3 days in office) and anticipates same for foreseeable future.