TOTAL COMPENSATION is targeted at ~$120K - $135K. Compensation will be determined based on candidate’s credentials, performance and value added to the firm / department.
Senior Accountant – Private Equity
Our client is a global Investment Manager (headquartered in Europe) with transaction expertise across the Real Estate spectrum. They specialize in originating and managing opportunistic transactions through SPV funds serving a wide array of institutional, Family Office and High Net Worth investors.
Currently they seek to hire a Sr. Accountant to help build out their financial operations team for their expanding US business (based in Boston, MA). This Senior Accountant role will support the manager to ensure the accounting for investments/deals are accurate. This will include disposed investments in wind down, delivering timely investor reports, and assisting with audit requests. This role will work closely with the Finance, Investment, and Investor Relations teams.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Prepare quarterly/annual financial statements and investor reporting for investment deals to ensure outputs are accurate in accordance with US GAAP on a timely basis.
- Prepare monthly financials in house for disposed investments or interrogate monthly financial reports received from property managers.
- Perform various accounting tasks including distributions, payments run, 1099’s, annual fillings, entity formation and dissolutions, balance sheet reconciliations, consolidations etc.
- Assist with the acquisition of new investments and disposals of existing investments.
- Perform cash projections to effectively manage cash balances.
- Assist with auditing and tax return preparation to ensure deadlines are met and the financial statements, tax returns and Schedule K-1’s are accurate.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Improve processes, reducing manual elements of accounts preparation and maximizing automation.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in finance and/or public accounting (real estate industry experience +)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance from an accredited institution
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Highly motivated, organized, proactive self-starter comfortable working within an entrepreneurial environment and assuming a strong sense of ownership over all accounting-related matters.
- Have exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent organization, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills with experience using Excel, Word, QuickBooks.