Total compensation is targeted at $110K - $150K, to be determined on candidate's credentials, experiences and potential value to the department / firm.
Senior Associate – Financial Reporting
Our client is a leading investment management firm serving a broad client base including financial advisors, institutions and individual investors. They offer multiple investment strategies focusing on infrastructure investment across a variety of providing institutional-quality, actively managed solutions with a performance-centered mindset.
As a buyside infrastructure fund that currently invests in power generation assets, they specialize in the acquisition and management of diversified income-producing renewable energy power facilities, energy efficiency projects and other sustainable development investments.
As the firm continues to raise capital and grow their investment portfolio, they seek to hire a Senior Associate to join their finance team which provides asset management, financial, operational and administrative support and managerial oversight for the firm.
The Financial Reporting Senior Associate who will be responsible for the production and filing of the Company’s consolidated financial statements with the SEC on Forms 10-K and 10-Q. The role will report to the Senior Manager of Financial Reporting and will have one to two Financial Reporting Analysts report directly to them. This role will work alongside a small team that reports to the VP of Financial Reporting. As a small and evolving firm, the responsibilities will be broad, varied and all encompassing.
Responsibilities (will include but not be limited to):
- Lead the full preparation of all quarterly and annual SEC periodic reports, including the processes and controls surrounding the production and disclosure of accurate financial information across all relevant departments. Researching new accounting pronouncements for impacts on disclosures, working across the accounting function to assist with technical accounting and SEC reporting matters, collaborating internally on disclosures and discussions in filings, etc.
- Assist with decision making by providing peer analysis of relevant disclosures, tracking evolving disclosure requirements and monitoring key industry reporting trends.
- Assist with financial compliance processes while collaboratively reviewing debt and tax equity legal agreements to determine compliance requirements and develop templates and reporting mechanisms
- Support financial reporting group in interactions with external auditors regarding the quarterly reviews and audits
- Ad hoc projects and analyses, including supporting the Business Development and Marketing functions, and other requests from Executive Management
- Establishing, facilitating, and monitoring the achievement of department objectives
- Developing, implementing, improving, and enforcing policies, along with department controls, to increase accuracy and efficiencies
- Identify process improvement opportunities and seek to leverage financial systems to increase the speed and efficiency of the process
- Flexible approach to meet the changing needs of the team
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external personnel in multiple disciplines and varying levels of management, on a variety of complex issues
- 3-5 years of relevant experience that includes involvement in financial reporting
- Experience with external financial reporting processes and controls, including preparation of financial statements and financial reporting under Regulation S-X and the Investment Act of 1934 (SEC filings) required
- Public accounting experience and/or public company experience required
- CPA preferred
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP; experience performing accounting research and documenting technical accounting evaluations
- Self-motivated, independent, high attention to detail, organized and possesses a strong sense of ownership
- Proven leader with strong interpersonal and project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task as well as meet short deadlines in a demanding environment
- Desire to coach and inspire staff
- Interested in joining a fast-growing company; proven ability to collaborate to develop new ideas and creative solutions
- Comfortable working remotely and in-office as part of a small team
- Strong technology skills (Workiva and Oracle FCCS preferred)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel