Total compensation is targeted at ~$100K - $130K, to be determined on candidate's credentials, experiences and potential value to the department / firm.
Senior Associate - Financial Control
Reporting directly to the Manager of Financial Control, this hands-on position will play a key role in the continued growth and stability of a well-established foreign bank generally regarded as best in class.
Responsibilities (will include but not be limited to):
- Responsible for the delivery of various month end close processes. This includes ensuring external reporting disclosures are appropriately populated.
- Ensuring robust controls are in place for all processes allocated to you including the timely completion of relevant Blackline reconciliations.
- Preparation of Financial Statements for US based entities.
- Assist in resolving accounting issues for all of New York booked activities.
- Assist in the preparation of data for external audit, internal audit and regulatory review.
- Proactively manage risk, meeting all policy and compliance requirements; perform controls; adhere to process and procedures pertinent to role; and escalate events, issues or breaches as they are identified (risk accountability forms part of all roles, as everyone is responsible for managing risk and compliance).
- Develop effective working relationships across the broader Finance Team and the US businesses.
- Preparation of high quality and timely analytic reviews of relevant data, ensuring it meets stakeholder needs.
- Identify and prioritize finance improvement opportunities to deliver efficiencies and an improved control environment.
- Bachelor’s degree (Accounting, Finance)
- CPA / CA (preferred, not mandatory)
- 5+ years Relevant bank reporting / controls experience (or equivalent)
- In depth knowledge of finance, financial accounting, regulatory reporting, and risk management.
- Proficient knowledge of US GAAP in financial products, IFRS accounting knowledge
- MS-Excel (advanced), MS-Word/PowerPoint/Access (intermediate). VBA, SQL and Access coding skills a plus
- Strong analytical and verbal/written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills