Senior Corporate Accountant - Investment Advisor
Our client is a multi-faceted investment firm that is an SEC Registered Investment Adviser. They specialize in providing wealth management services, as well as exclusive access to direct investments and other alternative investment products and services. Their business lines include Multi-Family Office, Fund Allocations, and Private Investments.
Currently they seek to add a Senior Corporate Accountant, reporting directly to the Controller. This position will have direct exposure to the firm’s leadership team, who value meaningful input from all employees.
The Senior Corporate Accountant will be responsible for all core accounting functions in a growing investment firm with an entrepreneurial environment. Additionally, this role will have direct and indirect involvement with many non-financial functions (investor relations, special projects, etc..)
Ideal candidate will have a natural passion for numbers and a solid understanding of the intricacies of financial transactions within an organization. Candidate should possess a strong knowledge of applicable accounting concepts, and a strong desire to be data-driven and system-savvy, with a strong desire to innovate, improve processes, and create efficiencies.
- Track investment cash flows and performing analysis and reporting on portfolio investment IRRs, asset flows and returns.
- Coordinate financial audits and tax filings for all entities
- Preparation of account reconciliations, monthly financials and quarterly reporting package to investors
- Support cross-functional business partners, including FP&A, AP, Operations, Compliance, and Marketing
- Partake in ad hoc team projects and analysis, including new system implementations
- Monitor reporting from portfolio companies.
- Review and set up all invoices for approval and payment
- Continuously evaluate areas for process improvement and create new efficiencies
- Assist with analyzing financial results on a monthly basis and report on variances versus budget and forecast
- Work with external auditors, fund accountants, and tax accountants to ensure applicable deadlines are met
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA highly preferred
- 3-5 years of experience (Public accounting or Public / Private combo)
- Experience with diverse financial instruments / environments (Hedge Fund, Private Equity, Investment Mgmt, Asset Mgmt, Wealth Management, etc...)
- Experience with financial reporting and financial statement preparation
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various levels
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and an ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet pressing deadlines
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Proficient in Excel, experience with QuickBooks a plus, with the ability to learn and utilize multiple systems