Total compensation is targeted at $220K - $250K. To be determined on candidate's credentials, experiences, and potential value to the department / firm.
Position can be located in any "MAJOR" US city where the firm has a presence.
Senior Manager of Client Arrangements
Our client is global management consulting firm, recognized as best in class. They serve as a trusted adviser to the world's leading businesses, governments, and institutions.
As part of their ongoing business growth efforts, they frequently structure and negotiate non-standard payment arrangements including performance-based arrangements and equity-based arrangements. As the firm continues to expand their offerings, they are seeking to hire a commercially minded professional to help support firm efforts in all areas of non-standard arrangements and to help with their growing equity portfolio.
This Senior Manager will work closely with Partners and Client service teams to discover and pursue these types of arrangements, across the US and the broader North American region. This position will involve extensive interaction with functional leaders who have a role in shaping & approving, including professionals across Legal, Risk, Tax, and Accounting functions along with the firm’s governing body for client arrangements (a group of Senior Partners).
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to:
- Support firm Partner efforts with negotiating complex commercial arrangements. You will counsel/coach them in how to structure arrangements and in many cases, you will join and/or lead the negotiation with the client.
- Work closely with local/regional leaders on performance management and strategic initiatives (e.g., arrangements strategies, Partner training, etc.)
- Serve as key team member of professional commercial negotiators, meeting regularly to share learnings, problem solve complex cases, and jointly lead global projects in this space. These initiatives are often sponsored by leadership from Finance, the board of directors, or management team. This also serves as a way for you to become a SME for a specific topic globally.
- Work closely with firm leadership on “more traditional” (non-equity) commercial negotiations such as multi-year rate cards, performance arrangements and the occasional work-out/settlement.
- Help steer negotiation process through the Legal, Risk, and commercial diligence steps along with advising the Partners on how to achieve appropriate syndication/approval.
- Foster solid internal relationships with senior stakeholders, Gain the respect of senior leadership as this role requires front facing execution with senior partners and C-suite clients.
- 7+ years of recent experience in management consulting, banking, PE/VC, or other B2B professional services environment
- Graduate degree preferred (e.g., MBA, JD)
- Proven track record supporting negotiations / complex commercial arrangements in the B2B/professional services arena. Private equity or venture capital experience is a plus.
- Excellent people leadership skills, drive, energy and confidence
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Experience in developing, advising, or operating large scale investments -- global in nature, and large in scope
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to lead cross-functional teams, work with and from time-to-time advise senior Firm leaders, and help build consensus
- Ability to spot issues/risks and understand how these impact commercial outcomes.
- Excellent project management and problem solving skills.
- Strong sense of entrepreneurship and ownership mindset, with a client service orientation
- Exemplary judgment and professionalism