Total Compensation is targeted at ~$150K - ~$180K. To be determined based on candidate's credentials, experiences, and potential value to the department / firm.
Position will be hybrid.
Senior Operations Associate
Our client is a global investment firm (~$17bil AUM) specializing in credit-related investments. The firm offers specialized funds and customized managed accounts with diverse return objectives. The firm offers a high yield, bank loans, distressed debt, securitized credit, equities, and shorts/hedges. Currently, they seek to hire a Senior Operations Associate to join their organization during an exciting time of transformation and growth. This position will offer excellent growth opportunities and exposure to all areas of a dynamic firm.
The Senior Operations Associate will work as a senior member of the Operations team on all aspects of monitoring the investment portfolios managed by Beach Point Capital Management. The Senior Operations Associate is expected to contribute substantially to trading operations by proactively working with technology, back office, and external vendors to improve the trade capture process and automate where possible and ensure scalability. Day to day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to investigating trade and position breaks, working with counterparties, analyzing corporate actions, and assisting with booking and managing trade cycle events related to a broad range of public and private alternative asset investments. This position will offer a high level of responsibility and engagement for a motivated professional.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Develop a deep understanding of the trade capture and trade settlement process.
- Monitor the daily life of a trade of all traded securities with an emphasis on derivatives, fixed income, private credit transactions, and structured credit assets.
- Liaise between trading desk, prime brokers and custodians, and executing brokers to fix any trade related issues and discrepancies.
- Assist in trade life cycle events related to private and structured asset investments, including complex SPV structures, restructurings, reorganizations, securitizations, and other transactions related to asset servicing.
- Review daily cash and position reconciliations.
- Monitor daily cash reconciliations for any cash reconciling items to ensure up-to-date cash balances for funds.
- Monitor daily position reconciliations for any position related differences to ensure accuracy of internal reporting and Order Management System
- Respond to any cash and position related inquiries from the investment team and service providers.
- Look for opportunities to improve and add-value to an ever changing operating support model.
- Drive change through collaborating with teams and resources to facilitate the ongoing development of a best-in-class operating support model of internal and outsourced middle and back office.
- Manage third party vendor relationships and oversee all outsourced operational service providers to improve trade capture, confirmation, and settlement, data integrity, trade life cycle events, and P&L reporting.
- Undergraduate degree with a track record of strong academic performance
- 5-10 years of experience in accounting, hedge fund administration, valuation or finance
- High Yield/Credit hedge fund background preferred with solid product knowledge of credit products
- Detailed and strong data analysis and Excel skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in both the written and verbal form
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complicated issues
- Experience or Knowledge with EZE OMS, Geneva, Hazeltree, Solvas, and/or WSO a plus
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Persistent and self-motivated with the ability to work
- Interest in hedge fund operations as a career