Total Compensation is targeted at $250K - $300K. To be determined based on candidate's credentials, experiences, and potential value to the department / firm.
Sr. Manager: Business Development / Sales /Marketing
Our client is a Nationally Recognized Statistical Ratings Organization (NRSRO) and is recognized by The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) and The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) as a Credit Rating Provider. They serve as a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions by issuing timely and accurate ratings. Long established as a leading global provider of independent ratings, their platform offers greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information coupled with competitive pricing and cutting-edge technology. Currently they seek to hire a Sr. Manager for their Business Development / Marketing team. Reporting directly to the senior leadership of the firm this individual will play a key role in fostering rapid growth throughout the organization.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Create and execute strategic sales and marketing objectives including client outreach to leverage the firm’s distinct product and market distinctions.
- Actively leads the sales team to accelerate revenue growth for the credit ratings service products, across institutional channels.
- Builds and maintains a high-quality sales cycle, that:
- Identifies and initiates new sales opportunities.
- Leverage existing client relationships and networks to generate new and cross-sell interest.
- Create compelling value propositions mapped to client needs.
- Negotiates and closes sales agreements.
- Builds awareness of the firm’s business, methodologies, and research through regular and planned interaction with market participants.
- Complies with SEC and other regulatory requirements relevant with best-in-class business practices.
- Develops and cultivates relationships with key market participants (issuers, investment bankers, institutional investors, etc…).
- Promote ratings business with investors and clients (money managers, bank trading desks and research departments, etc…).
- Increases support for firm’s ratings by coordinating and managing meetings between firm ratings analysts and key market participants.
- Works with the pricing committee and the legal counsel by proposing pricing arrangements. Assists in the negotiation of fee arrangements and preparation of required legal engagement documents.
- Oversee annual sales and marketing budgets and goals.
- Communicate feedback from investors and clients, facilitating improvement in the analytical process and analytical research products.
- Lead firm’s participation efforts regarding leading industry events including conferences, speaking opportunities, workshops, and educational events.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience of strategic expertise, with a strong track record of building revenue generation and thru sales and marketing teams.
- Experience working in a credit ratings agency (i.e.NRSRO) and knowledge of structured finance (i.e. ABS) or debt markets is preferred, or similar experience in financial industry.
- Solid understanding of rating agencies environment, risk management requirements in strategic decision making, risk identification, risk quantification / quantitative modelling processes.
- Ability to assume leadership and strategy ownership for key clients.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively influence and collaborate with diverse teams.
- Self-starter and business builder with entrepreneurial drive, tireless work ethic, and competitive winning spirit to drive the firm to continued success.
- Self-motivated and persistent, with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Ability to multi-task and meet short deadlines within a fast-paced and results-driven environment.
- Articulate and compelling written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be committed to travel and extended work schedule.
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in finance, economics, or related area.