Total compensation is targeted at $250K - $300K. To be determined on candidate's credentials, experiences, and potential value to the department / firm.
Sr. Manager / Director of FP&A
Position can be based in Boston, New York, Tampa, or Chicago. Candidates from other major US cities will be considered as well.
Our client is global professional services firm, recognized as best in class. They serve as a trusted adviser to the world's leading businesses, governments, and institutions. Currently they seek a proven leader to help shape the strategic direction and implementation of various functions and initiatives across Firm Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A).
This position will be responsible for driving the Firm’s efforts around annual planning, performance management, financial reporting, and strategic analytical/project support. The role is global in scope and operates both with a direct line to the CFO as well as recurring dialogue across all of the Firm's operating units.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Annual Firm Planning: Help drive/shape the global planning process for the firm. This covers various planning dimensions including client service professionals, professional fees, operating budgets, support staff growth and broader resource allocation choices / decisions.
- Facilitate in flight funding and reallocation decisions across Firm operating pillars (~300mm of discretionary spend).
- In conjunction with CFO, influence and facilitate decisions regarding economic objectives and portfolio distribution across the Operating Committee.
- Ensure a continuous improvement mindset around tools, methodologies and approach.
- Performance Management & Strategic Analyses: Shape and lead the broader performance management suite for Firm Finance. This includes evolution of KPIs, the Firm’s reporting and regular updates to the various committees (SHC, FIC, Operating Companies).
- Liaise with other Firm committees, functional leads and division based CFOs to ensure consistency, harmonization and continuous improvement across the broader performance management suite
- Provide thought leadership and analytical insight to global finance initiatives which are sponsored by the CFO / FIC (e.g., Firm economic models, F/X exposure, Economic distorters etc.)
- Proactive uncovering of insights / drivers of Firm performance, flagging for appropriate colleagues and offering subsequent analyses
- Champion modernization and improvement of the Firm’s financial management reporting processes and systems
- Craft nuanced communications (in multiple formats) for varying audiences; Comfortable interacting with audiences of all levels and specialties
- Operate with a sense of urgency (as needed) to meet deadlines and push initiatives forward for senior leaders
- Balanced approach marrying customer service mentality with guidance / thought partnership
- The ideal candidate must have a proven track record for demonstrating strong financial acumen, be comfortable working with and presenting to the senior leadership team, possess the ability to influence positive organizational change and assist in building a brand as a strong collaborator across the organization.
- 10+ years of financial experience, including leadership roles in reporting, forecasting, planning, and ad hoc related analyses (multinational company experience is a plus)
- An advanced degree (MBA or equivalent) preferred
- Proven analytical skills with a hands-on and detail-oriented nature, able to accomplish deep-dive analytics both individually and through the FP&A team
- Collaborative and proactive individual with a track record of approaching management with original and creative views on how to improve the business using data driven analysis
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong organizational and verbal/written communication skills with the innate ability to lead/influence to drive results and process improvement
- High degree of integrity and accountability in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Proven track record for developing staff and mentoring finance associates across the organization
- Ability to adapt to continually changing organizational structures and needs