TOTAL COMPENSATION is targeted at $300K - $400K. To be determined on candidate's credentials, experiences, and potential value to the department / firm.
Our client is a leading asset manager serving a broad client base including financial advisors, institutions and individual investors. They offer multiple investment strategies across a variety of investment disciplines focusing on providing institutional-quality, actively managed solutions with a performance-centered mindset. Currently they seek to hire a Treasurer to join their growing Finance team providing investment and asset management, financial, operational, administrative support and managerial oversight to the firm. The Treasurer will play a leadership role in overseeing all treasury needs of the company and implementing change as they continue to grow. As a small and evolving firm, the responsibilities will be broad, varied and all encompassing. Position reports directly to the CFO. The role is based in New York, NY (post Covid).
Responsibilities (will include but not be limited to):
- Ensures Treasury strategies are aligned to support business growth while minimizing risk.
- Guarantees banking services sufficiently support business needs.
- Develops strategies and corresponding policies and procedures for the company’s banking structure.
- Analyzes and recommends optimal capital structure alternatives and roadmap to implementation.
- Compiles information across the organization to create a routine cash forecasting process based on understanding the impact of working capital policies, accounting methods, capital projections, and board authorizations.
- Evaluates the company’s borrowing capacity and optimal use of debt to finance future growth, focusing on current and future leverage metrics and rating agency implications.
- Supports and manages financial structure, negotiating and executing financing transactions as needed, including bank facilities, debt financing, lenders, documentation review and covenants.
- Enhances operational efficiency, while minimizing risk and banking fees.
- Anticipates cash needs and make recommendations to the Executive team.
- Manages the credit and collections process.
- Mentor and develop staff to support the daily operations of the Treasury department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or a related field. Masters a plus.
- 15+ years’ accounting, finance, treasury experience.
- Excellent Excel and financial analytical skills.
- Prior experience working with ERP (Oracle +).
- Prior experience with Treasury Management Software.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills a must.
- Ability to manage workload autonomously and effectively.
- Strong commercial awareness and the ability to apply commercial judgment.
- Inquisitive, detail-oriented, self-motivated.
- Like to work in a high energy, fast paced environment.
- Excellent time management a must requirement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills working as a senior individual contributor in a team environment across various accounting departments.
- Willingness to work with a highly motivated, experienced group of professionals in an open office environment a must.