TOTAL COMPENSATION is targeted at ~$200K - $250K. Compensation will be determined based on candidate’s credentials, performance and value added to the firm / department.
Position will ideally be located in midtown NYC, but candidates in other locations will be considered.
Vice President of Technology
Our client is a well-established asset manager serving a diverse client base including financial advisors, institutions, and individual investors. They offer multiple investment vehicles across a variety of investment disciplines specializing in energy, infrastructure and emerging technologies. The firm is experiencing rapid growth, are in active capital raise mode and are looking to continue to grow AUM significantly over the next 2-3 years.
The VP of Technology will report directly to the COO and be responsible for the improvement and integration of the current technology platforms as well as the identification and implementation of new tools to increase capabilities. The VP of Technology will immediately take over management of the existing team of three technology professionals and will work with the COO to further develop the capabilities of the technology team. Ideal candidate will be a thought leader with a versatile technology background that can bring a strategic vision for the advancement of systems’ efficiency and their capability to produce meaningful and actionable data.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Strategic and tactical oversight of all firm core technology systems.
- Management of Technology team consisting of two IT professionals and an Oracle Senior Technology Manager, along with several third-party IT partners and consultants.
- Strategic Leadership of Information Technology.
- Management of core technology tools: Microsoft 365, Box.com, Oracle Financials Cloud Financials, Asana, Slack, Salesforce, etc.
- Management of investor-related technology compliance.
- Responsibility for corporate cyber security and threat protection.
- Technology advisor to the senior executive team.
- Key point person in the transition away from a Smartsheets based SSOT (single source of truth) into a new and more capable platform.
- 5+ years in a technology management position.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology-related focus or equivalent experience/certification.
- Robust experience with a number of core technology platforms: Oracle Financials Cloud, Salesforce, Microsoft 365, Asana, Slack, Box.com
- Experience successfully implementing new technology systems in a rapidly growing environment preferred.
- Strong experience with developing business intelligence and reporting tools across technology platforms in a corporate environment.
- Experience with databases and software solutions for data-driven decision making is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience managing the development of custom software solutions is strongly preferred.
- Any exposure to power plant related technology tools for monitoring and controlling power plants (PowerFactors Drive * Field Service Manager, Also Energy, and Local SCADA systems) is a definite plus.