Vice President, Structured Lending Attorney
Our client is a leading, global financial organization offering diversified services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
Currently they seek to hire an experienced structured transactional credit attorney with a minimum of 4 years’ experience to support structured commercial and corporate lending transactions and related matters. Background and substantive experience in some or all of the following areas would be required: asset backed lending / securitization, structured repo, trade / supply chain finance, commodity finance, sponsor/leveraged finance, or funds finance.
Restructuring experience involving commercial credit structures and documentation (including DIP financings), secured transactions, debtor/creditor law, bankruptcy, restructuring, workouts and litigation relating thereto would be a significant positive.
- Provide legal advice, review, draft and negotiate documentation and provide all related legal transaction management activities for:
- Structured bilateral facilities;
- Syndicated facilities (as participant lender and lead lender/agent);
- Letters of credit;
- Other credit products, for example, as asset backed loans / securitisation, trade / supply chain finance, commodity finance, project finance, master repurchase agreements, sponsor/leveraged finance, or funds finance.
- Advise and assist business units in the development and structuring of new and complex products and new business initiatives.
- Provide legal advice and support with respect to strategic, legal and documentation matters and initiatives in relation to structuring of financing transactions.
- Directly interact with the Firm’s clients, both in negotiating agreements and in assisting the business unit in explaining products to clients.
- Advise on the legal, regulatory and reputational issues and risks arising in transactions and in the non-transactional aspects of the operation and business activities of the Firm (regionally, internationally and globally as required) and work closely with the wider Americas regulatory and international legal teams to serve business seamlessly.
- Manage the legal spend with respect to the business area including management of relationships with and selection, retention and costs of external counsel.
- Provide training on legal and regulatory issues to employees and other members of the business teams.
- Participate in industry fora and working groups.
- Participate in internal working groups and committees as relevant.
- Advise on, participate in and assist in the implementation of projects, new business and any other relevant initiatives.
Skills and experience:
- Qualified in NY with a minimum of four years of experience in lending transactions.
- Have experience working with a top law firm and/or significant experience working in-house within a bank or investment bank.
- Have ability to identify and manage legal and reputational risk.
- Have strong communication skills and relationship building qualities to maintain existing and build new relationships.
- Strong decision making skills and the ability to demonstrate sound judgement.
- A structured and logical approach to work.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing and open-office environment.
- Willingness to learn new areas of law to cover new businesses and initiatives.
- Ability to prioritize efficiently and manage a complex time sensitive workload.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurized environment.