Director of Accounting / Finance, Family Office
Our client, a prominent Family Office (~$2 Bil AUM), is seeking a Director of Accounting / Finance.
Reporting directly to the COO/ Controller this high visibility position will have broad responsibilities contributing to the leadership and oversight of the accounting Group with an emphasis on financial reporting, controls, and accounting processes. The individual will also provide strategic financial input and leadership on operational matters affecting the Company’s three main operating components: Private Equity Investment, Hedge Fund Investment, and Real Estate. This person will also work closely with the CIO and team of analysts to ensure reporting is accurate and timely and that internal controls over investment processes are adequate and functioning as designed.
The company offers great work environment and excellent benefits. The position will based in the Westchester, NY office but will also spend time in the NYC (Grand Central) office as needed. Compensation is targeted at $175-$250K total but will be determined commensurate with experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- This is a hands-on leadership position with an active and supervisory role in a variety of functions including: all accounting matters (books, records, account analysis, reconciliations), review and approval of daily cash management and operating account disbursements, preparing investment allocations to entities, etc.
- Strong understanding of the Company’s portfolio management, general ledger, and integrated reporting systems to ensure integrity of transactions and data in a multi-layered ownership environment
- Oversee Accounting Group sub-groups – Investment Accounting / Financial Services and Real Estate. Supervise two directly and provide leadership and development for the Accounting / Operations Group.
- Provide strategic insight (Operational Due diligence, etc) to aid in the continued growth of the firm.
- Investment reporting and performance analysis of equity and hedge fund investments
- Oversee and work closely with staff to ensure reports and processes are accurate and timely and internal controls over investment processes are adequate and functioning as designed.
- Primary responsibility for oversight of development and review of all reports prepared by the accounting department. Will also be actively involved in development, preparation, analysis, and review of standard and ad hoc financial and investment reports for multiple entities.
- Key member of cross-functional teams responsible for the coordination and implementation of new technology-related tools.
- Monitor existing internal controls and work with outside entities to perform periodic risk assessments and internal controls testing.
- Maintain internal and external relationships to help maximize return on investment.
- Minimum of eight (8) years experience in a combination of public accounting and /or industry with an emphasis on financial statement preparation and general accounting processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required for this position. CPA is a plus.
- Experience and detailed knowledge of MARKETABLE SECURITIES IS A MUST
- Experience working with complex investment partnerships / hedge funds / private equity.
- Proven leadership and supervisory skills.
- Excellent technical, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills